cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about the january changes

CuBz
Grafter

Question about the january changes

I got an email telling me of all the changes, and i've been informed that I should be able to cancel, regardless of a contract or not, because of these changes.
Is this true?
Thanks
16 REPLIES 16
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Question about the january changes

If the changes are to your detriment yes.
However, from previous discussions, I think that you are still liable for any outstanding deferred charges such as free router/house move etc.
holmesgroove
Dabbler

I've gotta say that I'm really not happy about the international calls being taken away from evening and weekend call users! One of the main reasons I took that option, so now I'll be paying an increased line rental for the broadband I use as I don't even use the other call allowances! Very disappointed indeed, plusnet!
CuBz
Grafter

That's one of the reason's I'm dissapointed. Most of my family live in ireland, and I was going to start using the 300 minutes to keep in contact, but I guess I wont be able to. This is one of the reasons I want to cancel, as well as the fact I need more than 60Gb usage. I don't mind paying for the router
adie:quote
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

CuBz,
Just to confirm, thisoldman is correct in what he's saying.
That's one of the reason's I'm dissapointed. Most of my family live in ireland, and I was going to start using the 300 minutes to keep in contact, but I guess I wont be able to

You may be glad to hear that we class calls to the republic of Ireland as national calls.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Bruce47
Grafter

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
You may be glad to hear that we class calls to the republic of Ireland as national calls.
Is that just from Northern Ireland or from the whole UK?  I think BT only include NI -> ROI calls as UK.
holmesgroove
Dabbler

So, I'm gussing that yes, you can cancel the phone line, but there will still be the cessation fee for migrating from the broadband?
James
Grafter

If you're migrating, a cessation fee wouldn't apply.
However, any deferred contracts would need to be settled.
Our telephone products are on a rolling monthly contract, so there would not be any cancellation fees associated with moving your phone to a different supplier.
holmesgroove
Dabbler

Either I picked the customer service agent's advice up wrong or he didn't actually know the full terms and conditions.
CuBz
Grafter

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
CuBz,
Just to confirm, thisoldman is correct in what he's saying.
That's one of the reason's I'm dissapointed. Most of my family live in ireland, and I was going to start using the 300 minutes to keep in contact, but I guess I wont be able to

If that's the case, why is ireland listed as one of the top 20 international destinations?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Because it's still an international call if calling from England, Scotland or Wales?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
CuBz
Grafter

Quote from: jelv
Because it's still an international call if calling from England, Scotland or Wales?

I know that but the point I'm making is it states on the website that you get 300 minutes to the top 20 international countries, and Ireland is listed in the top 20, but it doesn't use the 300 minutes, so some people are calling Ireland and being charged, believing that it is using their 300 minutes.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

And Adam in Reply #4 said it is treated as a national call
any way if it is natational CuBz  and you are on Talk Any time you dont pay for it
CuBz
Grafter

I'm on talk evening & weekends, so it's not free for me during the day, and from january, 7pm will be too late for me too call, as they work
pierre_pierre
Grafter

well it will be a fine line, how many call and how long at the daytime rate to go over the £3.50 and go to talk any time