cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about price rise and annual phone rental in advance...

asdfghjkl
Grafter

Question about price rise and annual phone rental in advance...

There are so many different parts to my package that I'm a little confused.
Could someone confirm that: *Only* the line rental price is increasing and nothing else.  Not the anytime add-on price, not the fibre internet price, etc.
Also, I have an 18 month contract and I prefer to pay the line rental 12 months in advance.  I keep getting reminders telling me it's about to expire and I need to pay in advance again to prevent my account reverting to the monthly rental price.  I'm pretty sure it doesn't expire until September though and I'm unsure of the deadline when I have to pay.
As I pay line rental in advance, presumably my monthly fee won't actually change in September.  (This assumes that only line rental price is increasing of course.)
8 REPLIES 8
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Question about price rise and annual phone rental in advance...

Anytime calls charge increases from £5 to £6 per month
You can renew the LRS up to 3 months in advance so you can get in before the price rise
Estragon
Rising Star

The monthly fee for the Anytime will go up though won't it? Also any chargeable calls.
Blake
Grafter

Quote from: Estragon
The monthly fee for the Anytime will go up though won't it? Also any chargeable calls.

Both correct,  big damage limitation by taking a new contract out through COT with a broadband discount and paying LRS before September,  this will still make you quids in depending on what your current broadband discount is (if any)
COT number = 0330 123 9197
Estragon
Rising Star

Jim had pointed out the Anytime rise as well, I misses that.
But your "damage limitation", although true, doesn't tell the whole story. Taking out the new 12-month LRS early, (though coming into effect at the end of the current one), leaves the customer with probably six months of that outstanding when their broadband minimum term expires.
So if they want to migrate they are stuck, as you can't get an LRS refund. A situation several are in now who want to leave because of this price rise but have months to go on their LRS even though it gets them out of their broadband commitment.
Blake
Grafter

True, it is not the only contract length available though,  you could negotiate an 18 month or 24 month contract if that helps Smiley
There may still be a small over-lap without LRS coming up to the end of the new contract length but is by far the most cost effective way of doing things.
dick:quote
asdfghjkl
Grafter

Thanks for the help guys.  So thanks to the Anytime add on, I'll be paying £25.99 instead of £24.99 a month (after paying line rental a year in advance - which has also increased).  I'm going to check out the competition before committing to stay with Plusnet but when do I have to pay for annual line rental if I want to avoid the new price?  Am I right in thinking the current price is £155.88?
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

You need to pay on/before 1st sept, as it goes up on the 2nd. Current price is right.
asdfghjkl
Grafter

Thanks very much for clarifying.  I really appreciate it. Smiley