cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about 'free broadband for 12 months' offer if I switch phone rental to PlusNet

mikej
Hooked

Question about 'free broadband for 12 months' offer if I switch phone rental to PlusNet

I'm currently on the 'Unlimited Broadband' package (broadband only, not phone) and have been sent an email notifying me of the September price increase, together with an offer of free broadband for 12 months if I switch my phone rental to PlusNet.

The small-print, however, contains conflicting information !

* "Unlimited broadband free for 12 months, then £9.99 a month, when you take line rental on a 12 month contract.
Available to existing Plusnet customers who sign up to a new 12 month contract through the offer landing page and take Plusnet Unlimited broadband with Plusnet line rental.
Plusnet line rental is £16.99 a month (£17.99 a month from 1st September). If you live in a low cost area and take Plusnet line rental at £16.99 a month (£17.99 a month from 1st September) you pay £4.99 a month for the first 12 months, current price from month 13 is £9.99 a month.
This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and will replace any discounts you currently have remaining on your account. You will enter into a new 12 month contract when you accept the offer."

So my first question is... is it free or half price for the 12 months ? 

And secondly... if it is free and I take up this offer, will I retain my current referral discounts and will they resume once the charges for broadband kick back in, in month 13 ?

Many thanks. 

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Question about 'free broadband for 12 months' offer if I switch phone rental to PlusNet

Hi there,

I'm unable to see the offending text in the small print. I feel that this may be an error and that it should be the free broadband. Let me assure you that if you take up the offer, I'll ensure that it's free for you and make changes in the unlikely instance that they're necessary. In the meantime I'll get this investigated.

Regarding your second question, we will start adding a balance of referral credit on your account. Once that exceeds £5, we'll send the balance out in a cheque to you.

Hope this clarifies.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Re: Question about 'free broadband for 12 months' offer if I switch phone rental to PlusNet

@MattyC wrote:

Regarding your second question, we will start adding a balance of referral credit on your account. Once that exceeds £5, we'll send the balance out in a cheque to you.

Hope this clarifies.

Matty

Also, if paying by direct debit, it is refunded to the same account via BACS 

Kind regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Yeah, should have mentioned that. Thanks Mike Smiley

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
mikej
Hooked

Thanks Matty.

I've highlighted in bold the conflicting statements - first it says "Unlimited broadband free for 12 months, then £9.99 a month", then later it says "you pay £4.99 a month for the first 12 months, current price from month 13 is £9.99 a month".

The offer details from the main body of the email is...

"Move your home phone over to us and get your broadband for free*
When you take Plusnet line rental at £16.99 a month (£17.99 a month from 1st September) on a 12 month contract.

If you sign up for Plusnet Line rental at £16.99 a month (£17.99 a month from 1st September) for 12 months, we'll give you your broadband free. Yes really! That's a saving of £119.88 on the the standard price of broadband and home phone"

...so I suspect the '£4.99 a month for the first 12 months' comment in the T&Cs is a mistake but I thought I would check first, as this could be the difference between me taking up the offer or not.