cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question Disappeared from Account View (and I don't understand latest status anyway)

TLM
Grafter

Question Disappeared from Account View (and I don't understand latest status anyway)

This is all part of a long and convoluted story, but I have, or had a question open to monitor the progress of an ordered upgrade to fibre, which failed at the first attempt.

That question was on hold, and I was expecting an update Tuesday, after the engineer had visited the cabinet to determine whether it could be done.

I just logged into my a/c  at Plusnet, and that particular question is now not displaying under either open questions OR those closed in the last 30 days.

I was, however, able to interrogate it by clicking the link in one of several past emails about it.

Accessing it that way, the question still exists, and has in fact been updated this morning, but with the cryptic message, addressed to me: "The address on the eco order does not correspond to the actual address."

What the heck am I meant to make of that? I was not notified of this status update by email, in spite of it ostensibly being addressed to me, so I assume it's a Plusnet internal thing.

The next update (also not copied to me) says the question has been released from hold and sent back to SM.

So two questions: (a) Why has it disappeared from my normal view without being closed and (b) should I be concerned that stuff is appearing in it that's addressed to me and suggestive of a problem, even though PN haven't been in touch formally to tell me so?

7 REPLIES 7
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Question Disappeared from Account View (and I don't understand latest status anyway)

Hi @TLM

I'm sorry for the issues here. I've checked this and I can confirm the ticket 216250943 you're referring to is definitely open, so it won't show under your closed question list. I can't explain why you aren't seeing the banner to view it in the homepage of your account, but try using this webpage: https://portal.plus.net/wizard/?p=search

With regards to the confusing comment on the ticket, this is just an internal note although sorry it doesn't look that way. Eco refers to BT Wholesale's broadband ordering system and the address on their would just be a red herring, as the records with Openreach are what matter most and they're correct. 

@adam945 is monitoring your fibre order that's expected to complete at some point today before midnight. 

I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
TLM
Grafter

Re: Question Disappeared from Account View (and I don't understand latest status anyway)

@Gandalf 

Thanks, we shall see...

I still don't see the question in my list of open questions via the link you gave. It's not critical, given that I can still access it a roundabout way, and you've confirmed it's not closed.

However, it's not great that questions should ever be disappearing from view.

Is there some upper limit on how many it can display or something?

Apparently I now have six open (I know! But most of them are info only or part and parcel of the same thing). But of these, only four are displaying. 

216250943 is one of the disappeared - goodness knows what the other one was!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @TLM

I know you can only raise a ticket online yourself if you have less than four tickets open. As far as I'm aware though you should be able to view all open tickets regardless, but let's find out for sure. I've just closed tickets 216280567 and 216280565, leaving 216280689, 216673232 and 216250943 open.

Without the ticket ref I'm not sure which is the 6th ticket you're referring to, but it's possible we had since closed it. 

Can you check if you can see those three open tickets now and let me know?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
TLM
Grafter

@Gandalf 

Thanks, I now see those three! That's a lot clearer, considering most of them were purely administrative and only serving to distract.

Oddly, though, my status on the home page still claims I have four open - so I don't know whether it can't count, or one is still not displaying.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Really odd. Not ever seen something like this. I've prodded our system by reassigning the ticket (to the same pool/workflow). Can you log out of your account, clear cache & cookies (or go into private browsing/incognito mode), back in, and let me know if you can see 3 tickets now in the list of open questions?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
TLM
Grafter

@Gandalf 

Hmmm. As requested, visited the account in incognito mode. I still see the same three (open) questions, but it's claiming I have four.

It would be possible, but not a quick job, for me to trawl back through emails and work out whether I have one still not displaying, and what the number of it is.

Needless to say, I have not maintained an independent list of what I think should be open/visible, as I rely on the account to take care of all that for me!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem, at least you can see all the tickets that are in fact open on your account now Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet