cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query regarding account change

Snarf
Grafter

Query regarding account change

Just realised that I hadn't changed my account for a long time. I'm currently on PlusNet Extra with PlusNet Anytime phone. Broadband is £11.49 and phone £4.50. Looked at the new unlimited package which looks good, £3.25 for the first 12 months then £9.99 thereafter (phone remaining the same).
What has bemused me is that the package I've been offered is £6.50 for 18 months then £9.99 a month. I guess the £3.25 is a new customer only thing? Also, why an 18 month contract, is this standard?
3 REPLIES 3
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Query regarding account change

Hi Snarf,
The offers that we advertise on our website will be for new customers only.
The offer you've received will be if you sign up for an 18 month contract only. If you wanted to re-contract for 12 months then it may mean that we can't offer you the discount that applies to the 18 month contract. It's worth giving our Customer Options team a call though to clarify if there's anything they can offer you if you were to take out a 12 month contract instead of an 18 month one.
peter10
Grafter

Hi Snarf
Good luck with Customer Options. I changed from value to unlimited and got a similar offer to you when I tried several months ago and even then it took 3 phone calls. A friend doing the same change (both of us market 3) got the same offer as new customers straight away when he phoned a few weeks after me. It seems to depend on who you speak to and when.
Snarf
Grafter

Don't like the sound of that then! I've had a long day today and really don't feel like arguing my case! Offers that are for "new customers only" always annoy me. I can see why companies have to do them, but loyalty doesn't really get rewarded (I've been a customer probably approaching 10 years!)