cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query over monthly charges when call plan added

orangebucket

Query over monthly charges when call plan added

A month or so ago I switched from a broadband only package to a broadband and landline package at the discounted rate at the time (£22.75 inclusive). The broadband side of things was processed fine and was billed at the discounted £2.46 a month, but for whatever reason the landline side of the order got eaten and so was activated this morning. The first thing I did was to add unlimited calls, as adding the call plan at the time of order wasn't an option, somewhat to my surprise. This seems to take effect at the next billing date which is OK I guess as it is only a few days away.

I did notice that when adding the call plan that the monthly total shown included the full price for the broadband instead of the discounted one and I wanted to make sure that was just a peculiarity of the system and not a reflection of the actual charges.

3 REPLIES 3
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: Query over monthly charges when call plan added

@orangebucket A quirk of the PN 'billing' system - any changes you make are actioned - or should be - but the notification email, for some reason, never takes account of discounts. Just check your next bill carefully.

John
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@orangebucket  It's a known quirk of the Plusnet systems that changing a call plan appears to remove any discounts on the broadband. It shouldn't actually change the actual charges. Just keep an eye on your next bill.

@jab1  Beat me to it.😃

orangebucket

Thanks @jab1 and @RealAleMadrid, that was pretty much what I suspected might be happening. The ordering and billing system is certainly quirky. I found it particularly odd that it didn't allow me to select a call plan at the time of order, but with hindsight it probably just completely failed to process that side of the order to start with. It probably couldn't cope with the idea that anyone still had separate broadband and landline suppliers on the same line.

It didn't help that the notification e-mail only mentioned the landline and not the broadband so there was no feel for the overall charges.

I was planning to scrutinise the bill but I thought I might still have the chance to head off any mistakes at the pass.