cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query about contract coming to an end

NightHawk555

Query about contract coming to an end

Hi, been with Plusnet almost 18 months and my current contract is coming to an end.  I am currently on Unlimited Fibre Extra

I pay £20.99 for the fibre, then £18.99 for the line rental, bringing my monthly total to £39.98.

I have been looking at the current Fibre packages and they all now seem to include line rental in the price.

I have tried to go on and "upgrade" my package but it says I still have 1 month left of my contract. 

If I take out a new package with the Unlimited Fibre Extra the new price is £28.99 a month with line rental included.

So I am paying less overall as the line rental is factored in.  My question is, if i stay on my current package and just let it auto-renew will I still end up paying the line rental seperately as I currently do or will it be included in the price of £20.99?

Or am I better waiting a month and taking out the new package at £28.99 a month.

Thanks in advance.

12 REPLIES 12
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Query about contract coming to an end

You will pay the monthly charge if you stay on your current package, this will be expensive. You will not get the £28.99 deal through quoting it to Plusnet, they will tell you that it is for new customers, not those renewing a new contract.

The trick is to go onto price comparison websites and find the cheapest equivalent deal from Plusnet's competitors. Then ring Plusnet and select the 'I'm thinking of leaving' option. When you get through quote the competitors price and ask Plusnet to match it. Don't accept the first offer if it's not good enough.

It's all a pain but worth the hassle.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @NightHawk555

You can upgrade onto a new contract 3 months prior to your contract end date if you speak directly to our Customer Options Team.

Call our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632, they are open Monday-Friday 8am-8pm, Saturday 9am-7pm and on Sunday 9am-6pm.

At this current point, the call queue is only 2 minutes.

Alternatively, I can arrange a member of the team to contact you directly instead. If you can private message me your account username and a couple of dates & times you are free.

Best wishes.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note.
Moved from Fibre to Account / Billing
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
NightHawk555

Thanks for the info, I didn't realise the deal was only for new customers, should have known really, there is no goodwill for existing customers anymore.

pkw
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

My contract is coming to an end and I've just been chatting to PN and frankly I'm a bit disappointed in what they could (or rather could not) offer if I re-contract. I'm currently paying £22.49/month for broadband and they quoted me £26.49 for 12 months, £25.99 for 18 months or £24.99 for 24 months. Not good enough considering I'm looking at TalkTalk offer right now which is £17.95 - I mentioned it but it didn't seem to make a difference. I considered upgrade to fibre, the quote was £31.49 for 18 months or £29.49 for 24 months... And the agent wasn't too helpful, seemed kind of not bothered. Maybe I should have called them. Undecided 

Baldrick1

Read this and try again https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Query-about-contract-coming-to-an-end/m-p/1579983#M... . The retentions team probably have more latitude.

Moderator and Customer

pkw
Aspiring Pro

I'm assuming you are referring to your reply above to ring them. I'll try. The TT quote was from a price comparison site but I was on the chat, maybe it doesn't work with the chat guys Huh

Baldrick1

Sorry I screwed up the first attempt, hope it's clear now. The key is the I'm thinking of leaving option. Of course at that price difference you may choose to jump out of the frying pan into the fire.

Moderator and Customer

pkw
Aspiring Pro

Thanks @Baldrick1.

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @pkw I'm sorry to hear that we were not able to offer a more competitive re contract deal.

I am happy to arrange a call from our Customer options team to discuss available deals and see if we can offer something more suitable.

If you would like for me to arrange this can you please confirm your preferred date and time for this call.

Kind regards,

pkw
Aspiring Pro

Hi @Satss,

Thank you for the reply.

Is there any possibility that the Customer options can email me with some deals instead of calling. The reason is, I like to consider things and prefer not to be faced with the "this is a one off offer" type pressure that I have to decide there and then.

Can I add, TalkTalk has a very tempting fibre offer for £22.50/month for 18 months which is the same I'm currently paying for (adsl) broadband with Plusnet.

Thanks,

p.

AishaK
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 12

Hi @pkw

I'm afraid the Customer Options team will not be able to email you without speaking to you first. They can discuss deals and offers with you over the phone and then email you following the conversation you have with them.

If you're happy to receive a call from them, please private message us with your contact details and let us know the best time to call you so we can get this arranged.

Thank you,

Aisha