cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Put on new 18 month fibre contract without being asked?

Havel
Grafter

Put on new 18 month fibre contract without being asked?

I just checked my account to see what other packages were available because my current one is terrible value for money, and it tells me I've 13 months left of an 18 month contract despite the fact my original contract has ended and I was on a rolling monthly contract. This had better be some website error because I have NOT agreed to a new contract.

7 REPLIES 7
paul_blitz
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Put on new 18 month fibre contract without being asked?

It's interesting that when I look at "my account" I can see when I joined PlusNet, I can also work out, from the online billing, when I got my fibre installed, but what I don't see is how long my contract is / when it expires.

Havel
Grafter

When you log in to your account you can click 'Product change' at the top, and then scroll down to click 'Change my products' and it'll show you what you have and how long you have left on your contract.

Although when I click on it it doesn't actually allow you me change my product, the only button that appears is 'Keep this product' Roll_eyes

Anyway, turns out it was human error. Last time I spoke to Plusnet it was to remove an addon from my phone package, and somehow the advisor managed to renew my contract instead. I wonder how many people that's happened to without realising.

Now I just need to find a better deal than the £38.99 I'm paying a month for my fibre and phone.

daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

@Havel wrote:

Now I just need to find a better deal than the £38.99 I'm paying a month for my fibre and phone.

You should be able to get one from PlusNet if you call the retention team.

SlamC

Plus net has completely messed up my account from may 2017, I only came to realise they had also put me on a new 18 month contract without even asking me, plus net is a very incompetent company from my experience.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

@Havel I'll be happy to arrange a call back from our sales team to discuss a new deal.

Let me know the best contact number and time of day via PM if you want to go ahead.

@SlamC It looks like you've been in touch with our support team yesterday and we've advised there'll be no early termination fees (except a possible cessation charge) should you decide to leave.

I'm happy to arrange a call back for you too if you're wanting a new deal?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
SlamC

@Gandalf

Thanks for replying, on 2 separate occasions I have been told by the options team I am on new 18 month contract (contract started when pn messed up my fibre), I was out of contract before that, I know the notes say otherwise as you have stated, even on my account details it says my contract started in may 2017, which the last options team member I spoke to arrogantly stated I was fully aware that was a new contract when PN reconnected me, which was their own fault to begin with and I didnt get full service till Oct, yes I would like to speak to someone about getting a very good deal considering I was going to switch the account that got d/c to the then 12mnt contract deal

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Post recovered from Spam Filter.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@SlamC

I've passed your details to our sales team to call you back.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet