Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promised account change not carried out & huge phone bill

FIXED
runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Promised account change not carried out & huge phone bill

In September I recommended my neighbour change to Plusnet for her internet and phone service to save her some money and for a better service. I now wish I had not!  The deal that she wanted was line rental & fibre broadband £22.99  and call plan unlimited UK mobile and landline calls £9.99 TOTAL £32.98.

The deal she ended  up with - without her understanding the difference - was for  landline rental, fibre broadband and call plan 300 minutes of International  calls. We don't know how this mistake was made but I had written down exactly what the deal she would sign up for was and this was explained to your agent when the order was placed.

My neighbour would not have asked for the international calls plan as she does not call abroad, but she does call a lot of mobile and landline numbers as her mobile signal is poor.

Although an email explaing the order that had been placed was sent to her, she would not have understood the difference

Not long after her service went live in  October my neighbour called me to say she  had read an email from PN  she did not understand,  saying she had incurred high call charges and was close to her credit limit. I offered to help find out what was going on and I soon realised a mistake had been made so I called plus net myself. I  am registered on her account as a user and the agent I spoke to (JC) accepted  an error had been made in placing the original order. JC was extremely helpful and understanding - there's a record of our conversation in the help assistant section of her account. JC said Plus Net would change my neignbours account  to reflect her original wishes and the matter put right, and the costs incurred thus far would be refunded. There was another issue with setting up payment but this seemed to get fixed without a problem. 

Unfortunately none of the requested account changes regarding call plans happened as discussed with JC  until Plus Net cut off outgoing calls and suggested my neighbour chage her call plan to Unlimited UK Landline and Mobiles - which is what she had wanted all along! This change has now belatedly been made.

My neighbour has now incurred £100 in call and other charges.

An explanation from a PN agent and credit for the incurred costs would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Promised account change not carried out & huge phone bill

Fix

I was delighted to find out from my neighbour that all the erroneously charged phone calls amounting to over £100 in total, that I mentioned previously in this post have been refunded to her by Plus Net.

The point here is that they may be slow sometimes, but eventually PN do as they say they will!

A big thankyou