Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Products and Services Query

FIXED
Shoeless
Dabbler

Products and Services Query

In My Account I can see in the Products and Services a puzzling entry.

It has, for the 1st of December, 2017 the following:

Unlimited Broadband £153.72(upon cancellation) Complete

Is this cancelled and, if so, by whom?  And why is it flagged as Complete?

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Products and Services Query

Fix

The order for your broadband contract is now "Complete",  and that Plusnet have applied the outstanding contract fee to your account, to be paid off over the full term of your contract.

The amount shown is what you would have to pay Plusnet if you decided to leave now.

Each month that figure will drop by the value of one month's pro-rata fees, until it reaches zero at the end of your contract.

When you reach the end of your contract that "Complete" will change to "Expired"

Shoeless
Dabbler

Thanks ever so much.   I was wondering if I had come across a new strangeness in the PlusNet accounting.

So, I now see that I have 17 months of my 18 months remaining; time to make a note when it runs out.

Now, if I go off the end of my contract does this mean I can then cancel at any time or do I have to wait for the next tranche of 18 months to expire?

Anonymous
Not applicable

After the existing contract expires you can cancel/migrate at any time, unless you sign up for a new retention deal or make a change to your selected product(s) that trigger a new long term contract.

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Don't we still have to give two weeks' notice?

"15.1. If you want to end our agreement, unless you're inside the cancellation period set out in paragraph 9, you'll need to give us 14 days' notice. We'll continue to provide the services and you'll need to pay for all charges during this period."

If you are migrating it's 14 days from the time the new provider informs PN.  In practice it takes a minimum of 14 days to migrate anyway.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@Jonpe
That's correct.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet