Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product change to FTTC - price offer weirdness

tarquel
Grafter

Product change to FTTC - price offer weirdness

Hi all.
Perhaps I'm being stupid somewhere [it's not unlikely] so just thought i'd put it out here Cheesy
Discovered yesterday that FTTC was available finally on my Cab so rang PN, but alas, it was after 9pm so sales had gone home i was told, so best to call back in the morn when they opened at 8am.
Did this, and spoke to a nice lady and got my Fibre Unlimited Extra in place and booked.
Great, so what's the prob you're wondering?
Well, I asked about the offer for new customers on the site and I was told that I couldnt have that as i dont live in a low-cost area. I did try and say that this didnt seem to matter in the past when i periodically called up for a deal etc, as I'd normally get a good deal having been a customer since.... well, I cant even remember but we're talking something like 10 years perhaps (and was stupidly sticking to the expensive but old package as... )
Anyhoo, she went to see what she could do and basically offered me it for £24 instead the full price.... so after umm'ing and ahhh'ing about it, i went with it (as i've paid more for far less speed/allowance in the past after all).
Was talking to my boss today after i got to work, and he said that he got it for £19.99 from them [Fibre Unlimited Extra], and also doesnt live in a low cost area/exchange, and also only got it a few weeks ago [June sometime i think] so I dont quite get the difference.
Did he get more of a discount because he's a new customer? Or does the discount on what they can offer vary from day to day? We both have the phoneline and calls [Anytime] with PN too... [much like Sky's TV packages does as i understood it]
Not trying to be a bum here, I just perhaps dont understand the logic to it really.... Sorry if i'm being blind here Smiley
Cheers all.
4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Product change to FTTC - price offer weirdness

Hi there,
I Can't really vouch for the exact offer your boss has as there may be other circumstances surrounding that which we're not aware of.
The pricing we've arranged for you does seem right, wondering if you perhaps want to ask your boss for his username so I can see what the difference is?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
tarquel
Grafter

Hi adam.
Thanks for the response.... he possibly only half looked when i mentioned it, but I'll PM you his username in a few mins...
Cheers.
tarquel
Grafter

Still waiting to hear back from you Adam Sad
[today is install day tho - wooo :D]
tarquel
Grafter

[scrub that, BT wired up the fibre in the CAB wrong so I wont be getting it today after all.... sigh....]