cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product change over not completed after 1 week

Chris32

Product change over not completed after 1 week

Hi,

I swapped my product from fibre to fibre extra a week ago, i've received the new router, it was supposed to be changed in 24 hours but there hasn’t been any confirmation, the speeds are the same stuck at 32mb and should now be double, and my account is showing the following:

An error has occurred

You can't change your products for the moment, you already have a product change in progress.

Please advise, this is painfully slow, im thinking about cancelling.

4 REPLIES 4
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: Product change over not completed after 1 week

@Chris32 Try giving your Hub a single reboot.

The message is (possibly) a result of a known glitch in the accounting system - it is there to stop muliple requests as the system can only handle one at a time, but the flag which should be auto-removed usually need manual intervention.

John
Chris32

thanks for the advice.

ive already done that.

why should this be such a manual process and for the customer to have to chase plusnet to get the upgrade sorted out?

makes no sense.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

If you have already done the reboot, what is showing in your Members Centre as the 'current Product' and 'Current Line Speed'?

It shouldn't be a manual process, but it does involve humans, and maybe someone has forgotten to 'flick a switch' - it happens, sometimes.

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@Chris32 wrote:

I swapped my product from fibre to fibre extra a week ago ... it was supposed to be changed in 24 hours but there hasn’t been any confirmation, the speeds are the same stuck at 32mb and should now be double, and my account is showing the following:

An error has occurred

You can't change your products for the moment, you already have a product change in progress.

Have you looked at the tickets on the account?  See the link below.

Would you know if you are in a copper service stop-sell area?  If you are, they BT will not allow copper borne product changes - this space is very dynamic so it is possible that between accepting your upgrade order and attempting to implement it, BT moved the goalposts.  The ticket history might illuminate what is happening ... before a staff member picks up this thread.

Can’t change product message

It is not possible to make further changes to an account whilst some changes are still in progress. This notice will be displayed when...

1. A change has been made to an account which is due to happen on the next billing date, such as a change in broadband service or telephone call plan
  2. A change to service (typically phone service options) awaiting confirmation of activation from BT Openreach

For the first of these, the message will disappear after the next billing date. For the second, intervention by a staff member will be required to check that the changes made within Plusnet's systems have been confirmed within BT Openreach's systems.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.