Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product change lead time?

MJN
Pro
Fixes: 5

Product change lead time?

Hi Support,
I changed my broadband package from Value to Extra via your site yesterday and I was wondering if you might be able to advise how long it typically takes to occur?
The reason I ask is because I'm wondering if perhaps I failed to do it correctly as there I cannot see anything in my Member Centre that reflects the change. Confusingly, however, there is a line in my Account Summary that says 'Value with included 10GB bandwidth' dated yesterday which struck me as odd...
Can you advise?
Regards,
Mathew
5 REPLIES 5
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Product change lead time?

Product changes usually occur on your billing date.
Have you checked your tickets here to see if it's mentioned.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
MJN
Pro

Ah, okay, thanks for that.
Support, is it possible for the change to be made earlier - billing adjusted pro rata of course?
Regards,
Mathew
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

This normally can't be done as you could end up with billing issues but I'll let PN explain.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
avatastic
Grafter

The problem with changing billing dates is that the 98 year old man who does the billing calculations gets very confused if anyone changes their billing dates so its simply not allowed to happen.
PN are trying to improve this situation but have yet to find anyone with the appropriate degree in hypermathematics who can do the job of the old man.
The above is far more plausible than the actual answer from PN.
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
MJN
Pro

Smiley
Joking aside I must say it does seem to be an issue - this'll be the second time it's got in the way of achieving what I wanted to do. The first time was me simply wanting to schedule my billing (or rather payment) date for the 1st of the month - as per all my other regular monthly outgoings - however with PN this doesn't seem possible.
For what it's worth, when I was with Virgin Media I was able to set my billing/payment date as desired, and switch package levels at will without delay, so I guess for me it's a case of a certain amount of frustration of not being able to do so again now that I've already had a bite of that apple!
Mathew