Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Upgrade

rhohne
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Product Upgrade

I had an email the other day saying that my upgrade to fibre extra had completed. I've disconnected and reconnected but there is no evidence that the upgrade has completed so was wondering when does the upgrade actually take place.

5 REPLIES 5
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Re: Product Upgrade

Hi @rhohne, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear you've received an email advising your upgrade order is complete. I've taken a look into this for you and can see the activation date has been amended to 09/05/2019 due to engineer availability in your area. Apologies this was not communicated to yourself. You'll receive a further email and SMS once it's active and complete.

Regards

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
rhohne
Rising Star

Hi @abails0105 

Thanks for the update

The product change route indicates that my package includes Line Rental. Is this correct as I have LRS which is due to expire shortly ?

Your current package

Unlimited Fibre Extra (includes Line Rental)
Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @rhohne

That's correct. As you are currently on Line Rental Saver the price shows including line rental, once this expires the standard £18.99 per month charge would apply unless you re-signup to another 12 month line rental saver deal. The reminder for this and the link to follow to process is here

If you need any further assistance please feel free to get in touch.

rhohne
Rising Star

Have been advised by @abails0105 that my upgrade should have completed yesterday. I am yet to receive any notification that this has completed. Can a staff member confirm that the upgrade has now completed.

Have rebooted router this morning and still appear to be on the old product.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @rhohne, it looks like the order did complete on the 8th and the account updated the package accordingly.

Testing the connection suggests there is currently banding on the connection. As the connection seems to have been stable since the order completed, I've raised this with the relevant people to try and get the banding removed without going through the process of an engineer visit.

Having said this, I've checked the estimates for your line and I'm not confident that it's worth being on the higher package, as the lower package would be provisioned on (up to) 40Mbps download and (up to) 10Mbps upload:

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Handback Threshold(Mbps)

WBC FTTC Availability Date

WBC SOGEA Availability Date

Left in Jumper

High Low High Low        
VDSL Range A (Clean) 43.7 30 7.7 5.5 26.1 Available -- --  

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet