cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with billing

kesavaross

Problems with billing

I've been with Plusnet for 2 months. The initial payment turned into a farce of epidemic proportions but was eventually resolved after 4 phone calls. Each of those phone calls took over 30 minutes just to get through.

Then the first months payment 'failed'. I got a standard email basically telling me it was my fault. So I replied to the email stating why it wasn't. Then after sending the email I get an automated reply back saying Plusnet do not use emails to communicate. Why didn't it say that clearly in their original email? I wasted almost an hour of my time typing that reply.

So it's back to the phoning the number given. After 25 minutes of listen to bloody awful screeching and distorted music, I get through and payment was taken and my bank account details were given yet again.

Today I get an email stating 'failed payment'. I decided to go online using my laptop to make a payment except I had no internet access. My internet access had been stopped by Plusnet. At this point I thought DER........ So, I decide to make payment using the number given to me in that email from Plusnet. I phone the number only to get an automated message within the options that payment can no longer be made over the phone. DER..... again.

So, I go to a neighbours house and used his internet to make a payment. Whilst doing that I added my card details yet again. My bank account details were already there so what is the problem?

Plusnet really are the worst company I have dealt with for years and years. Contacting them in nigh on impossible. I can't email and when I tried to use the online chat, a pop up thing kept telling me to turn something off that was blocking something. This something was a something that I didn't know what it was. Phoning is also a joke. In total I must have spent 2 to 3 hours in total. 

In the last 15 or 20 years I've never had a single problem setting up a direct debit or a problem with the money being taken from my account. In 2 months with Plusnet they have achieved a 3 out of 3 failure rate and Plusnet should note it's my time that gets wasted for their abysmal system not working and not theirs.

And some mornings I have to turn the router off and then on to get internet access.

The Plusnet logo - 'We'll do you proud'. Plusnet, your service stinks.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Post released from Spam Filter.

11 REPLIES 11
tracymbuckley
Grafter

Re: Problems will billing

omg !   id better be careful with my comments , mav has already warned me off for " unhelpful comments " !  BUT THIS IS TRULY A SHAMBOLIC TALE , WHATS HAPPENING WITH " GOOD OLD CUSTOMER SERVICE " Huh come on plusnet sort yourselves out .

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Sorry about the wait times and your experience

When a payment is missed, we'd automatically provide a 14 day grace period where you may see a splash page notifying you that there's an outstanding balance but you should have been able to bypass that by clicking the link that says "Not ready to pay, acknowledge and continue browsing"

In regards to your direct debit from what I can see it's not yet setup with your bank yet.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
kesavaross

Thank you for replying.

A payment should never have been missed. Plusnet have all my bank details and have been given them four times plus I have entered them myself on the website twice.

Now you are saying that it's still not set up with the bank yet? What more am I supposed to do other than give Plusnet my bank details? This is ludicrous. 

I switched to Plusnet because my other half moved flat and she decided to go with Plusnet. The ISP I was with, Virgin, kept putting the price up so I decided to changed providers. She has had exactly the same problem.

On one of the occasions I eventually got through to customer services on the phone, which is another bone of contention, he also said about the splash screen. I didn't get that displayed. I just had no internet and that was it with a screen that simply said 'Plusnet'. 

If Plusnet are so inept that I have to pay each month on line then I'm happy to do that. All they have to do is to tell me. 

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@tracymbuckley wrote:

omg !   id better be careful with my comments , mav has already warned me off for " unhelpful comments " !

@tracymbuckley  It's almost certainly posts like this which caused the warning.  You post similar messages across multiple topics that add no value to the thread.  I understand that you have your own gripe with Plusnet, but continuing to post in this this way helps no one.  Please reassess what you are attempting to achieve  Embarrassed

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

kesavaross

Tracymbuckley

Thanks for the thought re being carefull with my comments. I will bare that in mind. 

The term customer service nowadays is a misnomer. I don't see how taking ages getting through to someone is customer service. It's lack of customer service and it's not just a problem with Plusnet. These companies don't seem to get it that it is not the problem that is often the issue, it's how it gets sorted out that matters and if the start of that process entales a very long wait on the phone listening to distorted music, then that just makes matters worse.

Part of my problem was getting through to customer services while I am at work and don't have 30 minutes or so to wait for someone to answer the call.

tracymbuckley
Grafter

I am gobsmacked at your statement  : RE - ASSESS WHAT IM TRYING TO ACHIEVE !.  LOL  - I am attempting to raise the issue  that  lot of PAYING customers are not happy with the performance of PLUSNET !  SIMPLES . WHATS THE PROBLEM WITH THAT ?  PLEASE EXPLAIN .   I find your response very condescending .

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Why do you keep on hijacking other people's threads with your pointless moaning posts which have no relevance to the thread, it is getting extremely tiresome and I completely agree with 

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @kesavaross,

It looks like the direct debit instruction you submitted has now activated on your account (A couple of days after your last billing date)

If you continue to experience problems with payments being taken by DD moving forward, please do let us know and we'll look in to that further for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note:

Unhelpful posts removed.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

kesavaross

Harry B

Thank you replying and I'll wait to see what happen this month (Sept).

Hopefully it'll all work as it should.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Let us know if there are any problems.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet