cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems upgrading to Unlimited Fibre broadband + phone

measham

Problems upgrading to Unlimited Fibre broadband + phone

Hi,

On the 10th August I put in a request asking for my package to be upgraded from broadband to broadband + phone, initially everything went through ok and I was told it would be completed on the 25th.  Since then I've not had any updates.  On the day of the switchover I received automated emails saying my mailbox had been deleted and BT Sport subscription cancelled, I logged in to my account to be greeted with a message saying the account was closing down.  Is this normal?  As my phone and broadband are still working I'm guessing I've been moved to a new account in which case any idea when I'm likely to get the login details?

Thanks,

Matt 

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,596

Re: Problems upgrading to Unlimited Fibre broadband + phone

Thanks for your post @measham and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm really sorry to see what's happened.

That's not normal at all. I can see instead of just transferring your phone to us, due to human error we placed a new broadband order at the same time of transferring your phone, even though we were already providing broadband. 

When your previous broadband was cancelled in favour of the new one, this then triggered your account to automatically close down. While your broadband's still working, I'd be unsure for how long as your account is cancelled.

We'd need to create a new account for you to fix. The quickest way is to sign up from Here selecting the option to takeover the working line (I'll make sure we won't actually take it over as we don't need to). You'll be asked to pay an initial fee as part of doing this but I'll also ensure that's refunded back to you as soon as we can.

If possible could you create the new account before 4:30pm today? I'm off from then for the bank holiday weekend and I'd like to sort this out for you before the weekend. No worries though as it's very short notice. 

As an alternative to doing this online, I can arrange for an adviser from our Customer Options Team to call you back and they'll be able to create a new account without you having to pay an initial fee upfront. 

Once the new account is created, I'll activate it using the existing phone and broadband details we're providing, and cancel any orders we may automatically place. You'll then be able to buy the BT Sport App subscription again.

If you do go ahead with creating a new account online, drop me a private message Here with the new username, or similarly if you'd prefer a call back, message me your contact number and when a good time for a call would be. 

Really sorry for the inconvenience. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
measham

thanks for the quick response.  I've setup the new account and sent you a private message with my new username.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,596

Cheers for doing this so quickly Matt.

I'm activating the account now and I'll PM you back shortly.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet