cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with “repair account”

lucy5
Grafter

Problem with “repair account”

Looking for assistance from Plusnet - had system fault on broadband account at previous address for c12 months. Moved house and took Plusnet to new address. New set of problems with account resulted in incorrect billing. Plusnet contacted me to create a repair account supposedly to correct this. Have now been randomly billed for two accounts at current address but still accessing broadband through original account with no idea as to status of new repair account. A new broadband hub randomly appeared in the post but old broadband account still active. Hoping this situation can be resolved...
6 REPLIES 6
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Problem with “repair account”

Thanks for your post @lucy5 and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm really sorry to see the billing issues you've had with us after moving house.

I'm going to be honest as always and say this is an odd one as both accounts are 'broken' in their own way. Sad

The original account is missing a home phone component in part of our systems, and there's no billing on the repair account. 

I'd like to take some advice from a colleague in our billing team next week and I'll email you as soon as I know more. 

Don't worry about things for now as we won't charge you twice or for the new router we've sent. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
lucy5
Grafter

Hi, I’ve been repeatedly billed weird/random amounts and today received an email saying I was being billed £52.06 for the month?! I’ve spent so much time over the last 18 months trying to just sort out my account at my last address and now my new address and it’s getting a bit silly now. I stupidly thought it would be easier to just transfer Plusnet to my new address rather than go elsewhere. Can you just end my contract so I can change provider?
lucy5
Grafter

P.S also I was charged for the random router that appeared for no reason 🤷‍♀️
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @lucy5, thanks for getting back in touch and I'm sincerely sorry to hear your latest invoice amount has come in higher than you expected. I've looked into this for you and although I can't confirm my findings on here I've updated the ticket on your account which can be seen here:
https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=217670064

lucy5
Grafter

Hi, I’m still being billed incorrectly, this month £36.89 in a variety of multiple fibre/line rental lines etc. Please can this be rectified or if not possible can I leave the contract? It’s been wrong literally every month for c18 months and I have to follow up each time.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @lucy5

I'm sorry to see your latest bill is higher than you'd expect. 

I've dropped you an email which I hope helps clarify things, but let me know if you've got further queries.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet