cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with referral values.

philhguk
Dabbler

Problem with referral values.

I have a problem with the referrals for Broadband products they are showing up as a £0.00 value which is plainly wrong, the referrals for the phone products show up fine. I have contacted customer services a number of times just to be told there is not problem when I know that there is could someone please help me to sort this out.
41 REPLIES 41
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

Re: Problem with referral values.

I replied to your similar post in MisterWs thread entitled "Slightly odd referral value ??" to say that I'm also experiencing a similar problem with one of my referrals who recently changed his Broadband account type from Extra to Unlimited.
I raised a ticket (ID# 74479653) to which I received a reply yesterday in which PN were trying to shift the blame and  which IMO was complete bullshit.
I replied myself saying that PN had c0cked up, and to investigate the cause properly, then just admit it and get it fixed.
Now waiting for the next round of ticket tennis.
jim:red Avoidance of Swear Filter removed as per Forum Rule mod:end
philhguk
Dabbler

Is there any chance someone from Plusnet can please reply to my post, I am quite happy to recommend people but it would be nice if you could be bothered to sort out my problem in return.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

H philhguk,
Apologies for the delay in replying, we are aware of an issue surrounding certain product types on referrals(Ref: 75835) shown as £0.00.
You'll not lose or miss out on any referrals you're due and I'll update this as soon as it's fixed.

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

Today I received an understanding reply to my own blunt response to PNs original reply to my ticket, which goes on to mention the problem (Ref: 75835 - mentioned above by Chris) PN are currently having with the referrals system.
Dear Rob,
Thank you for getting back in touch in a way we can understand.
We are currently experiencing a problem with our referral system, meaning some accounts aren't generating referral tokens. This is apparent on our new packages.
Please accept my apologies for this. In addition I'm sorry if this wasn't picked up in your first message.
We are investigating the issue on problem 75835, and I have added your account to the problem to help our investigation team reach a resolution.
Once the issue has been resolved we will credit the unpaid tokens to your account. We have no estimate to when the issue will be resolved, however if you could be patient we will reimburse the amounts in the future.
We appreciate your understanding.
etc.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

We are investigating the issue on problem 75835, and I have added your account to the problem to help our investigation team reach a resolution.
I wonder, does that mean we all need to raise tickets to add our accounts to the problem. Maybe the DCT could advise...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

You shouldn't need to, no. We'll run a cleanup script to make sure no referrals are missed.
philhguk
Dabbler

Quote from: chrispurvey
H philhguk,
Apologies for the delay in replying, we are aware of an issue surrounding certain product types on referrals(Ref: 75835) shown as £0.00.
You'll not lose or miss out on any referrals you're due and I'll update this as soon as it's fixed.

Thank you for that I was getting a bit fed up of referring people and not getting anything for it.
ricmelia
Grafter

Has there been any movement on this? From my "current referrals" page, it looks like it's been a problem since at least June - but there's no mention of any issue on the service status page and as it's taken longer than a week, tickets get closed off so I won't know if/when it's been fixed.
On a slightly related note; I reported that whenever I log into the member portal, I am redirected to the payment details page (where you enter DD/credit card info etc) at least 6 months ago and was told the backend team were aware but there was no timeline on a fix.. like the referrals thing, it's still not fixed. 
This isn't as big a problem as not getting the correct discount, but it does make me wonder how much work this team has assigned to them... presumably they must be super busy if they can't sort something like an incorrect redirect in 6 months... 😕
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We're looking to get some further progress on this later this week.
I'll keep you updated regarding this.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Chris, has there been any progress on this fault yet?, my ticket has been open for two months, and we seem to be no further forward?
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

I've popped a recent response on here: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,119500.0.html
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Thanks for the link, although it seems as i guessed, there has been zero movement, Chris has the problem been looked at in any great detail before today?
Regards
Mike

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

No problem.
It has been looked at, however, we have been collecting examples of this issue for our Development Team to see what conditions this issue exists in. We have a number of customers on different (older packages) and it's important for us to build a picture to see how many potential customers this problem is likely affecting.
All we know as it stands, is that it's being worked on by our Development Team and we're hoping this issue gets resolved ASAP.
BRABUS
Grafter

There have been many problems with the referral system for a long time now.  I had issues that meant I gave up and raised a ticket as I wasn't getting my referrals.  I now get  money added manually each month and it is set to review every couple of months by the plus net staff.
If you are concerned you may lose out then raise a ticket.  I know, I lost out on my next door neighbour when I got her to take her phone and broadband with plus net and to this day Plus net still haven't given me the referrals for that person, so tickets are the way forward.