Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with billing and incomprehensible breakdown

costas4bulbidi
Dabbler

Problem with billing and incomprehensible breakdown

Hi,

I recently joined Plusnet, with a monthly cost of £23.99 and paid my first bill. Following this, I called up and had TV added to the package, which is £5/month extra. I was told that my contract would need to start fresh and that it would be an 18-month one, but that it would still cost the same, plus only the additional charge for TV. My bill has arrived, and without factoring in extra charges (calls and delivery of the YouView box), I am being asked to pay a monthly charge of about £36. Can you shed some light into this? The breakdown of costs is completely incomprehensible (please see the second attachment - I am happy to also provide the full PDF bills). My account ID is 00004491732.

7 REPLIES 7
corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

Re: Problem with billing and incomprehensible breakdown

My guess (and it is just a guess) is that billing date has changed, so there is a month and a bit included in the bill. So there are several adjustments, and some discounts applied to the adjustments.

costas4bulbidi
Dabbler

Hi,

Thank you for the input. That would make sense, except it doesn't explain the gibberish breakdown for this month. It really doesn't help that the bill only has the issue date but doesn't clearly say what time period it covers. I saw that there have been some other cases of the system producing weird results lately so I thought maybe that's the issue. I would appreciate someone looking into the specific account details and clarifying the situation please. 

Thank you.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @costas4bulbidi, I have taken a look into the account and provided further details here, hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @BoomBoomUK,

I am deeply sorry to hear you feel that way and thank you for providing details so that we can take a look into this for you.

I will reply via your account.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
costas4bulbidi
Dabbler

Hi Lauren,

Thank you for the response. I still find the titling of the various charges quite unclear, but I understand now that this bill carries over charges from November, as well as the prepayment of December, hence the fact that it is higher. As such,  it appears that it is correct. Thanks for your assistance.

richi
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

@BoomBoomUK wrote:

I have had to make a new account as you deleted my other one so how can you add anything

I can't imagine why /s

costas4bulbidi
Dabbler

Hi BoomBoomUK,

Presumably the number of the 'questions' is unique - they might be able to find your account from that.

It's really annoying when things go bad, but I'm pretty sure that the staff in this forum do not get a cut out of your money directly, and are only trying to do their job. I am a customer as well, but your replies are bordering on abuse and I am not happy for the fact that you have hi-jacked this thread to vent your anger. I see that you have created a thread of your own now, which is great, and also replied to several other threads... I do sympathise in the sense that I've been really angry at businesses in the past as well, but there's there's a difference between demanding what you are entitled to firmly, and crossing the line..