cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Plusnet Protect

FIXED
JIMBRY

Problem with Plusnet Protect

I have a similar problem which been posted by another user. My Plusnet Protect expires at the end of every month  . I then contact Plusnet to remove it and use the add on option to replace it. I then receive an email to reinstall the software. Incidentally it sometimes expires in mid month. As this problem seems to have been resolved, can I ask Plusnet to remove the current software and to email me the install instructions. Hopefully this will resolve this very irritating issue.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Re: Problem with Plusnet Protect

Hi @JIMBRY,

I've been in touch with someone who has a lot of experience with the protect service who has hopefully been able to resolve this issue. 

You will receive a number of emails shortly about the protect being cancelled. Please ignore these, it's active and working and will remain working. 

In future please stop manually removing and re-adding the protect service. You will receive a notification of expiry but it auto renews (unless cancelled) every month. 

As it stands when it's being removed it queues the cancellation for the end of the period. Then it's being re-added but because the cancellation is queued it doesn't update the expiry on McAfee's (causing the mid month expiry). 

At the time of writing this there were 5 queued cancellations in McAfee's system all because of the removals and re-additions. 

My colleague has resolved this now and you shouldn't have any further problems, please do not remove and re-add the service. Please leave the Protect as it currently is, at the end of the 30 days you should get a notification of expiry, when this happens leave it. It should auto renew. 

If, for whatever reason, it doesn't auto renew and it expires come back to us here so we can resolve this (please do not remove/-re-add). 

JIMBRY

Hi Jolo.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly and confident your advice will solve my problem. However I see no evidence of McAffee running on my laptop.

Please advise.

Best regards

Jim

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Fix

Hi @JIMBRY,

Apologies, I should have advised that you would have received a new download link email. Though, with all the cancellation emails that were sent yesterday it would be easy for that to get lost. A copy of that notice can be found here.

JIMBRY

Thanks again JOLO for getting back to me. I did see the email re loading the software but ignored it as you had advised me not to reload. I have loaded the software and it is running fine. I am out of the country over the month end period and hopefully it will continue without any problems.  I will contact you when I return.

your help is much apreciated

Regards

Jim

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @JIMBRY

No worries. Hopefully that's the end of the issues, but let us know if not. Enjoy your time out of the country (hopefully pleasure and not work). 

JIMBRY

Hi JOLO.

Problem is resolved.

thanks for your assistance.

regards

Jim

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @JIMBRY,

I'm glad to hear that this problem is now resolved. Please don't hesitate to get back in touch if you experience this issue again or if there's anything else that you'd like to discuss.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team