cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Billing + Introductory Offer

Helen

Problem with Billing + Introductory Offer

Hi
I joined Plusnet in May time - ish on the value broadband package with line rental/calls.  When I signed up there was an introductory offer available of free (or was it half price) line rental for the first six months, sorry I can't remember exactly.  Within the first couple of weeks of joining, it appeared that my estimated usage would be more than 10MB so I contacted Plusnet and upgraded to the 60MB deal.  It appears that my last bill I have been charged full line rental and, at no point when I upgraded to 60MB was I advised that this would change.  If it had, I would have just paid the extra amount it would have cost to go over 10MB (as I don't go over 10MB by much).
Can you help resolve this.
Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Problem with Billing + Introductory Offer

As I unerstand it, what should happen is that the value of the offer (e.g. £3.25 for half-price on a £6.49 per month product) gets deducted from the price of the upgraded product, this should be shown as a discount (i.e. the same discount as a monetary value, not 'half-price' on the more expensive product).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Helen

Thanks for your reply.
I've just "googled" and I think the offer I signed up for was 6 months free internet but pay for my line rental/calls (I signed up mid-April).  Clearly I would only qualify for £6.49 (I think that's the right amount) for my value internet rather than the £11.49 but I'm being charged £11.49.  Hopefully the Plusnet rep will be along some time on Thursday to help me out with this.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Yes, let a rep pick this up, you should get it sorted.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Helen,
I've just readded the discounts that were removed when the account changed, and have fed back on the agent who arranged that for you - he should have advised that the discounts would be removed (this is standard practice) and should have reapplied them himself once the account change was complete.
Hope that sorts things for you, really sorry about that.
Helen

Thank you for that; will the discounts be backdated?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Matt has added the same amount of discount's that had been removed after the account change, so you will receive all of the discount that you were entitled to.
So any that have been missed have been applied to future bills.