cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem getting fibre.

adam198962

Problem getting fibre.

Hi I was hoping someone on here might be able to assist me. My broadband is due for renewal next month and I was wanting to upgrade to fibre. But it doesn't seem to be available to my address.
Even though the openreach engineer commented on how close I was to the fibre cabinet when he installed the line last year. And my neighbors can get it.
Many thanks Adam.
9 REPLIES 9
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Problem getting fibre.

Hi,

Even though you are close to the cabinet , your line MAY not be routed through it.I know it sounds daft but it's possible! It's also possible that BT's records are not correct.Roll_eyes

Can you put your phone number into the BT checker here https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/ and post the results ( redact your phone number before posting as this is a public forum )

We hopefully should then be able see what is available to you.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Account. 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
adam198962

Thanks.
I have taken a screen shot of the results.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Thanks. OK so that says that you are connected to a cabinet where Fibre is available BUT that the cabinet doesn't currently have any spare ports. BT Openreach would normally upgrade the cabinet to provide more ports in this situation but the timescale for that can be variable.

Hopefully one of the PlusNet staff will see this and advise what the current procedure is to get on the waiting list so that as soon as space is available you can upgrade

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adam198962

Okay thanks for your help.
I might try ringing Plusnet tonight when I get home and see if they can advise me on the procedure is.
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

@adam198962 

Good luck on the phone!!! Waiting times can be a bit of a nightmare. Hopefully a staff member will come along and answer your query here.

The good news is that when you get FTTC you should get a very good speed whichever product you go for (82/20 or 40/10).

Brian

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Having looked around , I'm not sure that PlusNet (or many other ISP's for that matter) support the waiting list process. It may be a matter of you checking daily using the BT checker and as soon as Fibre shows as available, call the Customer Options team on 0800 013 2632 to request the upgrade

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @adam198962 

Thank you for getting in touch. @MisterW is correct that the waiting list isn't supported with our suppliers anymore.

We're really sorry that your local cabinet doesn't have ports currently available but you can keep tabs on your cabinet by regularly checking on https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/

If there's anything else we can help with, please feel free to get back in touch.

Kind regards

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

@adam198962 

There is one other thing you could try. Use the OpenReach checker and see what it says.

https://www.openreach.com/

It won't give a different result but if you follow through on links you should be able to submit a query to OpenReach about capacity.

However, you'll probably receive a generic "canned" response which is no use to anybody!!!

Brian