Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro rata refund

FIXED
alisonchun

Pro rata refund

Hello,

My internet took a while to activate (almost a month) and when I enquired by phone if I would receive a refund because of this, I was told that I would receive a pro rata refund on my second months bill. I am now in my third month, and the refund still hasn't been applied. Could it please be applied to the next months bill? 

Thanks,

Alison

5 REPLIES 5
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Pro rata refund

Fix

Hi Alison.

As you've got discounts every month until your contract ends, it looks like our system has put the pro-rata discount onto the invoice immediately after your contract expires.

So that you'll get it sooner I've cancelled that discount now, and issued it to you as a refund instead.

It should land in your bank or building society within 14 days.

I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
alisonchun

Hello,

Thanks for issuing the refund, that's very helpful. Can I ask, is this the best place for account/bill enquires? Does plus net have a support email we can use rather than posting here, or is the support phone line the only alternative?

Thanks again,

Alison

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems Alison.

Our official methods of support are by telephone and live chat. We are available over Twitter and Facebook, and do try our best to cover the community forums too so we're happy to help over there and here.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@Gandalf wrote:

As you've got discounts every month until your contract ends, it looks like our system has put the pro-rata discount onto the invoice immediately after your contract expires.

This doesn't appear logical @Gandalf?  The system should process the refund for lack of service soon after the service is up and running not 18 months later. Can this be escalated to check if this anomoly has been accounted for in the new Billing system please.

........ issued it to you as a refund instead.  It should land in your bank or building society within 14 days.

Why do refunds take so long to be repaid? 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

This doesn't appear logical @Gandalf?  The system should process the refund for lack of service soon after the service is up and running not 18 months later. Can this be escalated to check if this anomoly has been accounted for in the new Billing system please.

Unfortunately this is a limitation of our billing system.

Why do refunds take so long to be repaid? 

It's the processing time for direct debit refunds.

Card refunds are generally much quicker (quoted at 3-5 days but normally sooner).

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet