cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing Bills for Business Account

hymek1067

Printing Bills for Business Account

Has a computer wizz out there worked out how the "heckle" you can get a full print of a bill (like a business would need for accounts for submission to HM Revenue)....  I get the bill displaying on the screen in a pop up which does not display the whole bill - you need to scroll up/down so when you print you get gobbledegook and because it is not all visible, you can't screen grab it?

26 REPLIES 26
Elliew

Re: Printing Bills for Business Account

I am having the same issue and would like Plusnet to introduce a 'print bill' link onto the invoice. I've managed to print a screen-shot image of the bill, but it will be a real hassle to do this every month.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

New invoices generated by the latest billing system (introduced at the beginning of this month) are in pdf format. This should make printing much easier, you can download a copy of the bill and print it just like any other pdf.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Elliew

Thanks for the reply, however I think I'm being thick as I still can't get a printable copy! There used to be a link to 'download PDF Bill' on the bottom of the bill. I can't see anything on the new format where I can download a PDF bill. 

hymek1067

Mister W - I can't see how to do this - but I suspect the website is having a bad day.  It's telling me my next bill will be in 2037!!!

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Thanks for the reply, however I think I'm being thick as I still can't get a printable copy! There used to be a link to 'download PDF Bill' on the bottom of the bill. I can't see anything on the new format where I can download a PDF bill.

@Elliew using Firefox, when I click on the 'last bill' hyperlink it open a pdf viewer window showing the bill. There are menu options on that viewer window to print or download.

@hymek1067 given that it seems your next bill date hasn't been set yet, has your account actually been activated yet and a bill generated ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Elliew

@MisterW thanks- I don't have Firefox! I've tried Chrome and Safari and neither have any menu options when I open my last bill. I'll have to see what happens next month and go from there.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@Elliew has your last bill actually been generated by the new billing system i.e since 1 Sept ? If not then it will not be in pdf format.

I've just tried with Chromium (don't have Chrome as I'm running Linux) and that opens a windows with download options.

Using Chrome on an Android tablet, automatically downloads the pdf an opens a pdf viewer.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@Elliew   The new .pdf option is only available for bills generated since the new billing system went 'live'.  Previous months bills are unchanged and still in the old HTML format. HTH

Edit:  Crossed with @MisterW post  Embarrassed

longedge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Just bye the bye, presumably the format for invoices on business accounts is different, mine says, "This is not a VAT invoice".

Elliew

@MisterW I think that's the answer - the bill I've tried to print is 27.08.18. So next month I should be able to generate a PDF. Thank you!

hymek1067

You're right - my bill was 28 Aug (which displays in the pop up)  so not the new format - so that will explain it.  I still have my next bill due in 2037 though!

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

HI @hymek1067

Thanks for coming back to us.

I've checked your billing info from our side and it's showing the year as correct, so I can only assume that this is a glitch in the member centre that will be ultimately resolved through maintenance. Everything is absolutely fine in terms of your billing and you'll receive your invoice as expected.

Best wishes,

Dave

carolynchafer
Dabbler

I have the same issue.  The bill I need to download/print is dated 19 August.  Previously there has always been an option (something like) "click here for printable view" but that has now disappeared.  I appreciate what people are saying about bills generated after 1 September being in pdf format but what do I do about the August one?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @carolynchafer

If you can send me a private message with your username I'll be happy to see what I can do.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet