cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing query

northy

Pricing query

Im sorry - not sure where to post this....maybe a daft question...Im doing the math for joining plusnet: 

• Unlimited Fibre Broadband
  • Plusnet SafeGuard
  • Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls (£8 per mth)
  • Voicemail (1571) - Free
  • Caller Display - £0.99 per mth

And comparing 12 vs 18 mth prices (total and avg mthly)

12 mths option - paying 12 mth line rental upfront
Upfront =222.88+23.5                     = £246.38
Mthly fee of £23.50 x 11 mths         = £258.50
= £504.88 Total

=> £42.07 on avg per mth across the 12 mth period

18 mths option - paying 12 mth line rental upfront
Upfront                                                        = £210.87
Mthly fee of  £12.99 x 17 mths                    = £220.83
Line rental after 12 mths (6 mths x 18.99)   = £113.94   (im assuming I don't renew here)
= £545.64 Total

=> £30.31 on avg per mth across the 18 mth period

....is that correct? 

I wasn't sure about the line rental for the 18 mth option?

Many Thanks
Northy

4 REPLIES 4
The-Doctor

Re: Pricing query

You are correct on the line rental saver after 12 months you can either pay for another 12 months or just go onto the rolling amount per month.

Are you sure that you want to do the line rental saver as I used to do it with BT but now what with broadband pricing having the line rental included I am not so convinced it is such a good deal.

You haven't said if you are looking at the up to 38meg product or 78 meg product so I am not sure what pricing your using.

I signed up with plusnet yesterday on their black friday sale with the up to 38 meg product at 22.99 per month for 18 months,

If you took that with called ID and unlimited calls then it would be 31.98 a month or 575.64 over the whole contract.

northy

Thanks The-Doctor for the feedback

Im not sure what you are saying about the line rental saver  - its got to be cheaper right?

I agree with your calc - per month its £31.98 avg across 18 mths if you pay mthly for line rental (18 x 18.99 per mth = £341.82)

With the saver option - its £30.31 according to my maths...based on 12 mths line rental saver @ £197.88 + 6 x 18.99 = £311.74)

ie its £1.67 cheaper per mth

The-Doctor

With my old provider BT I had line rental saver separate to the broadband all well and good fir a couple of years.

When OFCOM then demanded that the line rental was to be included in the pricing of broadband earlier this year I noticed that on my bill that the line rental saver and broadband cost MORE than if I had not taken line rental saver.

As a BT shareholder I wrote to shareholder services asking for clarification as I had only bought the saver a few weeks before the change and they as a gesture of goodwill they gave me a discount for the year to match the new price.

Anyways that was my experience with BT and not Plusnet.

The only thing I can say is with the prices is do you want to stump up a years worth of line rental in one go or pay the small amount extra for a monthly charge?

It's up to you of course but I have not bothered this time and have just taken the Line rental, BB and caller ID for 18 months.

Hope that has helped.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Just to clarify line rental saver and the inclusive monthly cost you’re seeing on the website.

Whilst the monthly cost is inclusive of line rental, it’s still broken down as broadband & line rental.

So if you pay LRS then you’ll just be paying for your broadband. (Plus any extra’s you may take)

I hope this helps.
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet