Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price rise email

happybunny
Grafter

Price rise email

Evening,
I've received the price rise email today and it contains an offer to stay with Plusnet which involves moving to unlimited and a 3 month discount.  However, it raises a couple of questions. 
1. The main body of the email states that Line rental will be going up to £14.99 per month, but the offer is for £14.50 line rental per month and does not mention if the £14.50 will increase to £14.99 at any time during the new contract.
2. In the terms and conditions, it states (bold and underlined) that it is a 12 month contract, however, the text below it states an 18 month contract.  Which is correct?
I am currently on a discounted tariff which expires soon - can you confirm exactly when this discount ends?
One final point.  Why oh why do you (any many other companies) insist on sending emails from an unmonitored email address and then state do not reply?  It's not that hard to be able to have a reply-to email address that will automatically generate a ticket for you when replying to official communications with questions or concerns - like I have above?
email ref OC02a
Cheers, HB.
8 REPLIES 8
inhost
Grafter

Re: Price rise email

I suggest you vote with your feet, you have 10 days to leave penalty free, the more people that do this the less acceptable a risk it becomes to companies who think organised crime is ok, I have cancelled on principal.
Rest assured you will not get any satisfactory answers from plusnet.
happybunny
Grafter

I'm sure many people will vote with their feet.  Problem is the other suppliers are much worse than Plusnet. Was with TalkTalk before who are just utter rubbish - you get what you pay for...
NedLudd
Grafter

Quote from: inhost

Well, you wont but dozens have!
Geoff,
York.
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Try this thread in Announcements. http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,117014.0.html
"If you have any questions about the email you've received then feel free to ask them in this thread and we'll do our best to help.
Before you do though ...
1. Please search for an answer to your question before posting, it's likely that it has already been answered in a preceding post...."
happybunny
Grafter

I've tried that already and been looking since, but as the email from Plusnet contains conflicting information I feel that clarification is required.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi happybunny, hope I can clear some of this up.
Quote from: happybunny
1. The main body of the email states that Line rental will be going up to £14.99 per month, but the offer is for £14.50 line rental per month and does not mention if the £14.50 will increase to £14.99 at any time during the new contract.

Taken from the email: "we'd like to offer you 3 months half price broadband if you take our great value Unlimited broadband from £4.99 for 3 months with £14.50 monthly line rental and inclusive Weekend calls for 12 months."
So basically if you take the offer your line rental will remain at £14.50 for 12 months and won't increase to £14.99 during that time.

2. In the terms and conditions, it states (bold and underlined) that it is a 12 month contract, however, the text below it states an 18 month contract.  Which is correct?

The 12 months is correct. I've just checked internally and it looks like the 18 months is a mistake, which we'll make sure is corrected for the next batch of emails - really sorry about that.

I am currently on a discounted tariff which expires soon - can you confirm exactly when this discount ends?

Your account is showing one more discount for next month, so it'll end after you're next billed on the 8th September.

One final point.  Why oh why do you (any many other companies) insist on sending emails from an unmonitored email address and then state do not reply?  It's not that hard to be able to have a reply-to email address that will automatically generate a ticket for you when replying to official communications with questions or concerns - like I have above?

Mainly due to the fact that emails can be lost, blocked, any number of other things and if that happens it's very difficult to trace.
Hope that helps explain.
happybunny
Grafter

Hi Matt,
Many thanks for the reply.
Cheers, HB.
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Quote from: inhost
I suggest you vote with your feet, you have 10 days to leave penalty free, the more people that do this the less acceptable a risk it becomes to companies who think organised crime is ok, I have cancelled on principal.

Which provider have you gone to now?  Me gone to BT
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up