Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price increases - implementation

maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

Price increases - implementation

I'm pretty certain that in previous instances where there has been a price increase, that increase has only been applied from the next billing date. However, I've noticed that this time a pro-rata increase has been applied for the part month from Dec 3rd to the billing date. Is this change one that was intended and implemented in the new billing system? It does appear to be accurate, so at least this part of the new billing system is apparently working correctly.

My other car isn't a Ferrari
8 REPLIES 8
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Price increases - implementation

Thanks for your post @maranello 

I can confirm the pro-rata billing is correct and working by design. 

Hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
maranello
Pro

@Gandalf 

@Thanks Anoush, can you confirm if this is also a change in policy regarding implementing price increases?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @maranello 

If there’s a billing change which happens during a billing cycle this will be pro-rated such as price refreshes and products changes. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
maranello
Pro

@Gandalf

I'm sure that in the past, increases became effective from the next billing date following the specified date of increase. Can you confirm?

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Thanks for getting back to us @maranello.

As far as we're aware any changes such as price refreshes and product changes have always been pro-rated in a billing cycle.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

I'm fairly sure that product changes etc. didn't even happen until the next billing date until recently, so there wasn't any pro rating of charges.
(Given I've been with PN 17 years, recently is a vague term Roll_eyes )
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@maranello wrote:

I'm sure that in the past, increases became effective from the next billing date following the specified date of increase. Can you confirm?

As I recall, price rises have always been pro rata. Are you thinking perhaps of product change/upgrade/addition, which are implemented and charged from the next billing date. Or maybe that has changed with the new billing system?

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

As far as I’m aware we’ve always had pro-rata billing, it just may not have been as noticeable when things like product changes generally only completed on a next billing date.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet