cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price increase - why should I pay for something that was already included.

Gazzer
Dabbler

Price increase - why should I pay for something that was already included.

I am sure others have received the same email I have about a the price increase and as I am, are on the 12 months monthly line rental saver.
When I took out the contract with PN the deal was "inclusive" of evening and weekend calls which was a major consideration in my decision to go with PN. So as far as my contract with PN is concerned I have and do not pay them for evening and weekend calls so I am at a loss to understand why they would think they can increase the price of something I am not paying them for.
Anyone any views?
I don't think the variance of the contract term in this way is actually legally possible without my agreement as following PN logic they could just add any amount (i.e. £20 per month) to anyone's charges where that person has signed up to the monthly line rental saver.
5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Price increase - why should I pay for something that was already included.

LRS at the time included evening and weekend calls and renewing it will keep that option
Perhaps this is what you received as I did - and I am on the LRS
Gazzer
Dabbler

Yes that was basically the same email as I received and when I queried it with PN they responded as below, so I take it from their response as of 1/10/2013 my monthly costs increase by £1.50. Firstly I do not think it is correct to pay for something that as far as I am concerned was an inclusive freebie and secondly if line rental is going up by £1.50 a month then my line rental is not due until next year when my renewal is due.

"I have checked your account and can confirm that you do have the Line Rental Saver on the account this would negate price changes to the Line Rental but your Call package of Talk Evening and Weekends would be effected by the Price Increase, in this instance there will be a £1.50 per month charge for Evening and Weekend Calls"
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

That is completely wrong
Quote from: Bob
Quote from: alanf
I have just received the email.
Email:
Monthly Line Rental: "Inclusive evening and weekend calls to UK landlines and 0845 and 0870 numbers "

"If you currently pay for 12 months line rental in advance, we'll send you a reminder before your Line Rental Saver expires, with details on how to renew. The renewal charge will be £137.88 equivalent to £11.49 a month after 1st October 2013, this equates to a saving of £42.00 a year."
But Ts&Cs
"Line Rental Saver taken out on/after 8th May 2013 includes no calls as standard."
So this is a dishonest comparison. One does not save £42 per year because what you get with LRS is not what you get by paying monthly.

If you've received this email and have a Line Rental Saver contract then you *do* currently get evening & weekend calls included. If you chose to *renew* your contract after 8th May 2013 then you retain the evening and weekend calls. If you take Line Rental Saver *for the first time* after 8th May 2013 then the calls aren't included.
Note that this isn't the first time this has happened http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,117014.msg1011979.html#msg1011979
Gazzer
Dabbler

I agree that it is wrong. I paid line for LRS for a reason!
If PN want to increase their charges then it should apply from renewal and that would then give me a choice to stay or go.
I have seen comments on several other forums and PN have not handled this price increase very well with a very much "put up with it or leave" attitude.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

See my comments in the post that Jim's quoted. You're *not* going to be charged £1.50 for the Evening & Weekend calls. I'll have a word with the person that told you that because it's not accurate.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵