Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price increase - remove call plan

FIXED
drt170
Grafter

Price increase - remove call plan

Hi

As per the email, and the price increase to the call plan, I'd like to remove the call plan on my account please.

I know it's only £1 per month, but I was not really getting value beforehand, but even less now that it has gone up.

So to confirm, can I have my "Anytime calls" removed from my account without penalty as per the email that I received please?

Cheers

Duncan

14 REPLIES 14
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Price increase - remove call plan

@drt170 

You might be lucky and a Plusnet staffer come along and raise a ticket to which you can respond.

However be aware that Plusnet do not accept instructions to change contracts on this public forum.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@drt170 

You should be able to remove the call plan via the Offers and Upgrades tab in thr top bar of the Members Centre. If not you will need to ring Plusnet unless as @Baldrick1 says a staffer comes along.

drt170
Grafter

Thanks guys, I've been trying to use live chat, but never seems available.  I prefer chat due to hearing difficulties.

I see I can remove it in my account, but don't want to do that as the email says I need to speak to someone to remove it, I feel I need to follow the email to the letter to avoid any penalty.

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@drt170  Plusnet have removed the Live Chat facility. Your best bet is to wait for a staffer to pick this up.

drt170
Grafter

Many thanks mate

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Duncan, sorry for the delayed staff response on this thread.

I can confirm if you remove a call plan via your account online, there will be no penalty and if you make no changes to your broadband package you'll continue to receive any discounts you currently get. If the above doesn't ring true for any reason once you've put the change through, feel free to let me know and I'll be happy to make sure it does.

You'll only need to call us on the back of that email you've received if you'd want to cancel your broadband and phone contract without penalty, i.e. if you're going to another provider.

I hope this helps.

P.S. Sorry also for the delay on the back of this thread I plan to follow up once I've tested the call barring out.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
drt170
Grafter

@Gandalf  Many thanks, once again, I will remove the call plan, and let you know if I have any issues with billing afterwards.

I also look forward to your response on other thread.

Cheers

drt170
Grafter

@Gandalf  I have gone into my account and found the remove call plan option, gone to remove it, got to the confirmation page, and left it, as before confirming it gave me the new prices, in the new price I would pay, it now leaves out my £11.99 discount, so by removing the call plan, I end up paying more per month!!!!!

Please see the 2 attachments, the now bill and the confirmation page I am speaking of, and yes I have made sure there is no sensitive information on them.

Cheers

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Duncan, if you don't make any changes to your broadband package, you won't lose your discount. Can you let me know once you've put this through and I'll be happy to double check this our side. If for any reason your discount has fallen off I'll re-add it on. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
drt170
Grafter

@Gandalf  removed this side, thank you once again for your assistance

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

No problem, it's always good to double-check. I've checked this for you now and your discounts are still applied until the end of your contract. If you can poke me after your next bill date when the call plan removal has completed I'll be happy to check again that the discounts are still applied. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
drt170
Grafter

Many thanks once again.

Rest assured, I will be in touch should I get billed too much lol.

Cheers again

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Next month you should be billed OK but it's the following months I'm concerned about as based on the information we gave you via your account, the discounts may drop off when the package change has completed (this isn't supposed to happen though). I'm hoping it's just a display issue, I'm going to look at raising this to the relevant team to investigate further still. Cheers Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
drt170
Grafter

Many thanks again, I do keep an eye on my bills, so I'll let you know