cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price increase on first day of contract

RobMorgan

Price increase on first day of contract

So, I've moved over to plusnet broadband and my contract started yesterday 1st April 2022.
I took out an 18 month fixed contract at £24.99 per month first month paid upfront).
Before I even had the chance to plug my router in, I received an email saying that my monthly payments will be £29.03 and that they are billing me for the £4.04 that I now owe.
Really...?

6 REPLIES 6
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Price increase on first day of contract

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Account/ Billing 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there,

It is unfortunate timing that your service has gone live just after our price increase, but we do make you aware of this when you sign up and we go into more detail here > https://www.plus.net/help/legal/cpi-plus-guide/

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jwsg
Rising Star

I wonder if that £4.04 figure - which I had - is a sign of the discount not being multiplied by the CPI increase ? If it had it would have gone up to £27.31 and not by 16%

But if the o/p contract started at 1 April then surely no CPI increase applies - so the issue could be that the contract  was set up with pre CPI discount figures that worked if the full price was £43.50 but not now its £47.54

RobMorgan

Finally got it all sorted.
It shouldn't have been increased and has been reset to the correct amount. It will remain the same until next March.
RobMorgan

It was an error made on the account and shouldn't have been applied. The contract amount already included the cpi increase.
siri1515
Hooked

editing the original msg as i have posted on wrong thread