Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price increase, no letter/email

minusnet555
Dabbler

Price increase, no letter/email

Hi,
Obviously minusnet have given us a price increase, I had told them several times i wanted to leave as soon as I could, so they decided it was in their interest to not send me the letter/email. They are lying and trying to say they did, searched my entire email account and definitely nothing sent. Has this awful company done this to anyone else? I will not be letting this matter go and the more people they've tried to do it too, the bigger case i can build against them.
Thanks for your time, and sorry you signed with this company!
Many Thanks
Another abused customer
Dick:blue Modification of Plusnet name edited as per forum rule.
20 REPLIES 20
Razorback
Grafter

Re: Price increase, no letter/email

Have you had a price increase or have some previous discounts you had just expired pushing your bill up? The price increase that applied from September I had notice about in July.
minusnet555
Dabbler

It was the line rental increase, I have had appalling service from the beginning of my contract. Then i heard about the price increase giving you a release from their contract. I asked Plusnet when i would receive my letter months ago as i just wanted to put this bad memory behind me. They refused to answer me, I kept asking didn't get an answer. In September I noticed the increase, then I asked where my letter was. They lied and said they sent me an email, which was never sent. I know that 100% for sure and now they want to bury their heads. They said they sent it in August, i searched with their ref number they provided, I use gmail so it's very easy to locate your emails even when in the junk and it was no where to be seen. Now I will have to battle with them...
I only contact them through support tickets (as i do not trust them) so I have the evidence but they aren't listening.
Adie:quote
Apprentice
Grafter

, I use gmail so it's very easy to locate your emails even when in the junk and it was no where to be seen. Now I will have to battle with them...

Do you have a Plusnet webmail account, if you do have look in there.
minusnet555
Dabbler

No i don't. Never needed to set one up seen as i already have one.
The point is I want to cancel, and the letter wasn't sent because they knew i was going to cancel when i got it. Very deceitful!
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: Unhappy
I only contact them through support tickets (as i do not trust them) so I have the evidence but they aren't listening.

Have you checked all Service Notices for July (you may need a wider date range)?  https://portal.plus.net/wizard/?p=search&view_by=custom&from=01%2F07%2F15&to=30%2F07%2F15&x=17&y=16
I was waiting for notification and thought I hadn't recieved one but on careful checking I found it had been sent at the beginning of July (before it started being discussed on here and elsewhere) so I actually hadn't looked far enough back.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Looking at your account I can see the email was sent through to you on 04/08/15 and a copy of the email has been saved a service notice on your account Here.
I understand you have also raised this matter as a complaint, where our complaints team also confirmed that the email was sent through on 04/08/15.
You've said that you believe we didn't send this to you as we knew you were going to leave once you had received the email, however days before the email was sent through to you, I can see you advised on a ticket that it was looking likely that you would be keeping the services with us.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
minusnet555
Dabbler

Quote from: HarryB

You've said that you believe we didn't send this to you as we knew you were going to leave once you had received the email, however days before the email was sent through to you, I can see you advised on a ticket that it was looking likely that you would be keeping the services with us.

Nothing like twist my words! Your company really is a joke. I said to one of your colleagues IF i stay it will be down to him, not that i am staying! And that was simply because he/her was the only one of your colleagues I had spoken to that actually had a brain!
You never sent me an email, i do not check service notice, you are meant to send a email or a letter not a service notice! you know them things called an email account, yeah they are intended for EMAILS you know that email address i gave you when i signed up, thats where you send it! or my house address take your pick! You never sent me the letter because you didnt want me to leave(God knows why because you are going to have nothing but trouble from me!) You may of hidden the letter but you did NOT send it to me!
minusnet555
Dabbler

confirmed that the email was sent through on 04/08/15.

They confirmed nothing!
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Is the email box you checked for the email the one shown here: https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=view_details&s=0 ?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
minusnet555
Dabbler

spoon whittler - Yes it is, I get all of my question responses/When my bills due etc. sent to that account but nothing relating to the increase.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

I don't believe I've twisted your words. I do agree that you said if you stay on Ticket: 107941218 however in the same sentence you went on to say which is now looking likely.
On the comaplint ticket response made on 04/08/15, we did confirm that the email was sent. You responded disputing this.
There is nothing further we're going to be able to add to this via the forums and if you're still wanting to continue the dispute, I would advise to continue to work with our complaints team on this.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
minusnet555
Dabbler

I don't believe I've twisted your words. I do agree that you said if you stay on Ticket: 107941218 however in the same sentence you went on to say which is now looking likely.

"Just so you know if I do stay"   IF!
By the time your team responds, my contract will be up! Ive already received a late fee waiting for your "speedy" responses!
Id rather this be public, fed up of you hiding everything e.g. support tickets, price increases etc.
Did you send me a email to MY email account ? (you know where you send EVERYTHING else) or did you not ? I definitely never received a letter (which i should of!)
Why when i asked your team when i would be getting my letter, why did they not tell me it would not be sent in a letter format ?
Why would they not answer when i would be likely receiving the letter ?
Why does your adverts claim to have good customer service ? The only good customer service, i've received is through these forums, by your customers not your staff!!
My biggest question - Why do you even want me as a customer, the money you receive from me will not be worth the hassle that comes with it! Thats one promise i know i can fulfill.
minusnet555
Dabbler

So you can manage to send my bill to my email but no my increase letter, what a complete joke of a company. You must think we are idiots!
A quote from a the ticket relating to this "A letter was not sent regarding price increases because we knew you wanted to leave" - Plusnet Staff
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sorry but the full quote is:
A letter was not sent regarding price increases because we knew you wanted to leave, a letter was not sent simply due to the fact that we notify customers of any price increases via email.

Meaning that we didn't deliberately decide against sending you a letter, we just don't send letters for price increases at all.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.