cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price increase and Value Line Rental - stuck :(

lbtv

Price increase and Value Line Rental - stuck :(

Just been informed that although I can leave my contract due to the price increases, I won't be credited for the outstanding 8 months of value line rental I have paid upfront.  I think this is a disgusting practice that plusnet are using to give the appearance of being customer friendly and releasing people due to their price increases, but in reality they hold you to ransom.

TalkTalk will credit someone who leaves early the outstanding balance on the upfront annual line rental payment and I'm appalled that plusnet will not do the same when they are the ones increasing the prices and breaking the terms of the original contract.

Has anyone else hit this issue and found it an unfair policy?

4 REPLIES 4
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Re: Price increase and Value Line Rental - stuck :(

This is brought up EVERY YEAR, and still they haven't changed the fact. I raised this last year in another thread.

Many many of us are part way through a LRS (myself included) and we stand to loose all the money if we leave.

You have to balance the cost of leaving vs the cost of staying. In your case 8 months is a LOT of money to loose.

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

There is something very dodgy about this no matter any excuses given.

Customers are not supposed to lose out due to contract changes but by some back door shenanigans they clearly are.

p00r

nvm, found the link to the detailed changes

lbtv

The cs advisor I spoke to on the phone even commented that he was surprised TalkTalk had a better policy on this matter than they do.  The price increase is small and I was only exploring my options, but will now definitely leave once my current LRS expires. This shady lock-in has cost them my business.