cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price has increased, yet I wasn't I notified of any increase

Azagoth
Grafter

Price has increased, yet I wasn't I notified of any increase

Logged into my bank account to see that you're now charging me £9.99 rather than the £8.50 I usually pay.  Why is this and why haven't I been notified about any increase in charges?

Do you really think that increasing customer's payments on the sly without informing them  is good business practice?

7 REPLIES 7
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Price has increased, yet I wasn't I notified of any increase

Has a discount applied to your account come to and end?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Azagoth
Grafter

@Mav Nope, my £1.25 referral was still taken off, but the base price has jumped from £8.50 to £9.99.  Now what comes out of my bank is £8.74 rather than the £7.25 it's been for God knows how long.

It's not the increase itself that's [-Censored-]ing me off, it's the fact that they thought they could increase the price without informing me about any increases beforehand.  Surely there has to be a law about that somewhere.

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

So your price you have been paying is £8,50 a month , then will your referral (£1.25) that brings it down to £.7.25 a month.

As PN do not offer a standard broadband package at £.8.50 a month but do at £9.99 (before you referral discount)  you must have had a discount  (£1.49 a month) which has now ended.

If you login to the PN member area have a look at a few of your bills , do you see a discount applied of £1.49 , which is not on your most recent invoice? 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

The price increase isn't until 29th June, snippet of the email I got on 25th may

From 29th June, we're changing some of our prices and our terms and conditions while making improvements to your service.
 Your monthly package price will be increasing by £1.00 (full details below) so we can continue to offer our award-winning service

So billing has ballsed up something

FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Have a look through all the events on your account here (login reqd) and see if anything stands out.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @Azagoth

@Azagoth wrote:

you're now charging me £9.99 rather than the £8.50 I usually pay.

As @Mav has suggested, it does sound like discounts on your account may have expired.

The base price for Unlimited ADSL broadband has been £9.99 for quite some time. If you were previous paying £8.50 for this, it would suggest you were on an offer giving you a discounted rate.

@ITWorks wrote:
If you login to the PN member area have a look at a few of your bills , do you see a discount applied of £1.49 , which is not on your most recent invoice?

You can do this Here (Login required) I hope this clears things up.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hey @Azagoth,

Further to Harry's post, it looks like you were advised that your discounts would only be for a certain period of time as per this ticket on your account when your contract was agreed.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet