Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price/charges confusion.

w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Price/charges confusion.

I currently have Plusnet Unlimited Fibre at £19.99 per month (since 22/09/2011, previously Fibre Extra), I also have home phone with LRS due to expire 03/01/2014 and I am looking at the options of moving my home phone service elsewhere.  Obviously I could save money be renewing LRS (though I missed the possibility of renewing early at the pre-increase price by 3 days) but January is not a good time as the kids expect me to spend more than I have at Christmas.
I have been advised that if I move my home phone then my broadband charge will increase by £2.50, I understand that this applies to current pricing on new contracts but I believe this did not apply when I started my contract for Unlimited Fibre so is it right that the price for one product (still within the minimum 18 month contract) can be increased if I decide to no longer buy another product?
If it comes to it, does this not constitute a change to my material disadvantage on the Unlimited Fibre (price rise within fixed contract period) thereby releasing me from any charges if I were to move that elsewhere that as well?
Why is the pricing not simple, clear and honest?  Offering a discount for multiple products is acceptable but imposing a surcharge over and above the published (and agreed/contracted) price for not purchasing (or no longer purchasing) another product does not strike me as particularly fair and honest.
Can a staff member please check whether I have been advised correctly (ticket 77111857 refers).
Any other comments/opinions welcome.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
4 REPLIES 4
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Price/charges confusion.

Hi w23,
This has been mainly discuss here, we did send you notification of this in August, from receiving this you do have 10 days to cancel your services without incurring any penalty charges that you may have been due to incur if you were to leave.
The response from Ash in your ticket is correct I'm afraid, there's not really anything else I can add to that.
We always try to make pricing as clear as possible and price increases aren't something that we want to do by any means, but this is sometimes needed to help the company to continue providing a high level of service but still remaining competitive.

w23
Pro

Thanks Chris but that seems to contradict Bob's reply http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,117014.msg1015648.html#msg1015648 to my post http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,117014.msg1015506.html#msg1015506 on that very thread (I notice there's slight confusion over the date my Unlimited started but I can't think it would be different whether it's been running since January or last Sept).
Quote from: Bob

Quote from: w23
Looks like I can save money by moving my telephone service next January and, as far as I can see, there's no 'penalty / surcharge' on my Fibre Unlimited (which I've had since January this year) - am I correct?

Yes, that's correct.

Please check with Bob and advise as this makes quite a difference.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Yep, you're right with that. As you switched over to Unlimited in January and before we applied these price changes the additional £2.50 wouldn't apply to you.
I'll also clear that up with Ash and update your ticket response.
w23
Pro

Thanks Chris  Smiley
If the ticket can be updated too that would be great.
Call me 'w23'