cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price Rise

Paulh2168
Dabbler

Re: Price Rise

That's what mines now gone upto from £23 per month from last month & I never ever use my landline & I have made 2 referrals!

I'm going through a few issues at the moment with cancer involved plus some but, I'm no longer prepared to be ripped off by this corrupt country anymore.
I know you idiots read this at Plusnet so wake up before you go exactly the same way as Homecall & Talk Talk, as their customer service are even on a par with yours & look what happened to "Homecall" you'll be next if you keep this up!!!
Paulh2168
Dabbler

The last time I spoke to Plusnet was regarding the 2 referrals I made who had been up & running with Plusnet for many weeks, yet the clown I spoke too had no record of my referrals, even though I had an internal email proving the fact.
I spent an hour on my mobile trying to sort it & we ended up meeting half way as I actually list the will to live, as actual sense & facts weren't listened too!!
Paulh2168
Dabbler

Then Virgin will offer a deal without landline with over 5 times faster broadband as they're currently the only ones who offer broadband without an actual landline.
Paulh2168
Dabbler

That's upto you but I refuse to stay with someone who thinks it's acceptable to rise a monthly bill by almost £15 per month for nothing extra than what you've been paying for many months!!
Just "Rip off Britain" taking the P##S!!
ukanimal
Grafter
Fixes: 1

ha ha virgin - ok, if you go with them I wish you good luck, they are one of the worse around.. and good luck trying to get hold of customer care..   and remember the owner is a remainer so their bills could rocket soon to teach people a lesson

I've not had a problem phone plus.net in sheffield most have been helpful and the only mistake turned out to be my mistake.. that is why I've been with them so long... but things might change in the future, you never know

Paulh2168
Dabbler

Well I never had 1 single issue with Virgin before. Customer service was great but I guess it's luck of the draw!?
All I'm going off is my experiences & Plusnet still have a very, very long way to go.
It wasn't as if I was asking for extra, just what they promised from the referrals but didn't hold that promise, now my bill has gone up by almost £15 per month & I know I can get exactly the same service for what I paid for the last 18months & the broadband aint amazing, let's be honest, as I still get drop outs etc!
I'll resolve this over the next few days & if my bills don't reflect what others charge, which I know I can get the same broadband cheaper, then I'll move on, that's life.
Greedy [-Censored-] put prices up, customers move on, Plusnets loss!!
Good luck to you finding a better, cheaper provider, there are loads out there!

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Avoidance of swear filter edited as per Forum rules.

Paulh2168
Dabbler

And the actual fact that if I was a new customer to these clowns, I could get the same deal I'm on now for around £16 per month Less, is that actually acceptable!?Huh
To me it isn't, so if they can do it for new customers, why can't they do it for existing customers like you who have been loyal to these scumbags for many years!?
They need to lose many thousands of loyal customers like you by doing this till they go bust, serves them right as there are many others to do better deals that will willingly take their Greedy place!
picbits
Rising Star

Virgin can offer lower rates (in cabled areas) as they have their own infrastructure of cable providing a different type of broadband. It isn't delivered over the telephone line as most of the rest of the UK broadband is therefore they don't have to pay BT for the line rental and maintenance.

As said previously Virgin can be a bit hit or miss with technical support.

Reading through your posts, you are coming over as rather abusive and calling staff/Plusnet names doesn't really help your cause.

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Yeah I agree with @picbits stop the name calling - yes I can understand you're upset but it doesn't help.

Anyway for me I am with Virgin, and I only have their cable broadband. Thing is it is not cheap, around £60 per month but it is fast and works well. I only got cable because when I moved here (in 2011) I couldn't get Fibre and the due dates kept being shifted forward and I got fed up. I wanted faster than standard ADSL, and so Virgin was my only option. Downside is they don't support static IP's and I used to remote desktop into a server at home. Shame the server has died now (think a motherboard failure) it was good fun while it lasted.

I called Virgin CS once and had no problem with them when my line went down and it turned out to be a fault in the area. I just confirmed "Do you know about it?", they said "Yes". So I had to do a bit of data tethering in the meantime but it was only down for a day. 

Round my parents, around 10 minutes by bus. They live on a main road but don't have cable down their road - never have done and I don't know if they ever will, so Fibre is their only option. Their line length is quite long and I know this because I know the area where the exchange is - I went college there for 2 years and I have to make trips to the hospital.

So standard ADSL worked, but was poor and I stayed with PlusNet on their account and upgraded to Fibre on their account which has been fine.

Sorry for a bit of a long post, but just trying to help as I have a Virgin account (my ISP) and also have the PlusNet one (my parents house). Bear in mind with Virgin they've recently put their prices up too, around £60 for just broadband only and they don't support static IP's. Bit annoying for me, but it is one of those things where if you don't need one, you won't care.

ukanimal
Grafter

I'm getting the feeling I wish I never opened this chat now....   how can you get it closed it's gone way out of hand...

all I originally asked was how comes new plus.net users get a better deal compared to current and loyal members and it's turned out to be a full blown attack

ukanimal
Grafter

we cannot get virgin cable down here in the SW so that doesn't help, but either way I'm 100% sticking with plus.net Smiley

Paulh2168
Dabbler

Please don't worry about it, I'm a big load I can take it 😉
Paulh2168
Dabbler

"Rather abusive"

Whatever, believe me, i ain't even got going yet & if you had to put up with the lies & stuff I've put up with, you would be ranting also!!!!

This is the last post I'm commenting on, as due to the recommendations I made who are now with these clowns that my bill isn't being reduced for, after loads of calls, that I lost the will to live with, I've just had enough!!
I'm out of contract thank god & moving on, good luck to you if you're prepared to stick with very high prices & diabolical customer service that just wind you up without resolving simple issues!
If my business was running like this, I'd now be bancrupt.
But, if people like you are prepared to put up with poor service, false promises & poor customer service then, that's upto you!

"Help my case"

I've given up with helping my case as the people they employ just are not upto solving simple issues that then escalate due to poor training & very poor customer service but, as I said, good luck to you, don't bother replying as I'm off to a decent provider that actually care about customers, I've also unsubscribed to anything Plusnet.
"We'll make you proud"
Well I very much doubt that as all I've had is broadband dropping out & poor customer service whenever I've tried to sort it!!!

Good luck in the future when they hit you with the #### I've endured, because they will!!!
Bye!! 😉😁
Paulh2168
Dabbler

Very last update!!

Just thought I'd pop back here to see how everyone is getting on with PlusNet as looking through the forum, there are very many more unhappy customers than happy ones!!
I've now got a router coming from Vodafone, where I actually spoke to a very nice & very helpful human being that spoke perfect English, you know, the old fashioned way where you can actually have a conversation with someone to explain the issues etc.
Well, I'm very happy to say that my broadband ends on 31st October & I'm guaranteed 76meg fibre, (twice what I currently get) for £7 less per month than I'm currently getting (when it actually connects)!!
With NO referrals

So, for those who stay with these clowns, I wish you good luck, look around the forum, you're gonna need it!!
"Well do you proud"
I very much doubt that!!! Adiós!!....
picbits
Rising Star

Good luck and let us know how you get on - good or bad.