cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price Rise

Paulh2168
Dabbler

Price Rise

I know there has been a price increase but, can someone tell me please why my bills have gone up from £23 with recommendations to now £34 plus per month?
And how can it be £18.99 per month for line rental just for a phone line that is never ever used??!
Time to move on I think if this is correct!!!
30 REPLIES 30
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Price Rise

Moderator's note:

Topic moved from 'General Chat' to 'Accounts and Billing'

The line you pay rental on is used for your phone service and also your broadband service unless you are on FTTP.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
ukanimal
Grafter
Fixes: 1

how is it ok to offer great deals to new customers with line rental included for 1 year, but then not offer them to current members who have to pay nearly double each month for the same product - it's always been not fair on that front

Paulh2168
Dabbler

I think Plusnet are going exactly the same way as all the other greasy [-Censored-] & if I pay this next month, then I'm definitely leaving & going elsewhere. This is just taking the [-Censored-]!!!!

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Avoidance of swear filter edited as per Forum rules.

ukanimal
Grafter

you pay about £10.99 for broadband and phone, £18.99 for line rental not to mention all the extras and plus.net offers the same package for a new customer as £19.99

Paulh2168
Dabbler

Well if they can't offer this offer for existing customers then we need to hit them where it hurts most!!
I'm not willing to pay £35 per month for broadband only when I never ever use the landline & I've even recommend 2 friends to these Idiots!!!!
Paulh2168
Dabbler

Just doing a quick search & I can get exactly same deal for £15 per month less!
What are you doing Plusnet???
Do you actually want to lose all your customers?!!!!!!!!!
ukanimal
Grafter

I've been with plus.net for over 15 years now and it's getting a bit unfair

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@Paulh2168 wrote:
I know there has been a price increase but, can someone tell me please why my bills have gone up from £23 with recommendations to now £34 plus per month?

@Paulh2168

I presume you're talking about referrals when you mention recommendations?

If so, you may be missing referrals which should have been credited to your account over the last month or so, as has happened to quite a few other customers due to cockups caused by PlusNets new billing system.  There are several threads on here about missing referrals.

You can check your referrals here.

ukanimal
Grafter

I seem to average around £35 a month at the moment - but about £4 of that seems to be phone calls the rest is line rental an broadban

it's a pain when you see BT advertising on TV for less...  plus.net where always cheaper and better but now it's hit and miss

Paulh2168
Dabbler

Thanks Rob.
It actually took me many months to get the "referrals" taken off my bills as Plusnet denied all knowledge for many months, even though the 2 referrals I made had been up & running for many weeks.
I even had the internal email saying from one Plusnet employee to another how much to take off my bill!!
After many weeks they did eventually give me a discount but it WAS NOT the discount they originally agreed too!!!
To be honest, im now thinking they're as bad as all the rest & it's time I moved on & got a much better deal
Paulh2168
Dabbler

Just Google best broadband deals, there are loads cheaper that what these scum are now charging us
ukanimal
Grafter

the thing is nearly all will charge £18.99 line rental no matter what somewhere in the bid.. that is a problem BT have everyone over that unless you use mobile internet

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@Paulh2168 wrote:
And how can it be £18.99 per month for line rental just for a phone line that is never ever used??!

You may not use the land line for calls, but what do you believe carries your Broadband connection?

I'd agree that you could get a better deal for a new package - have you tried calling the retentions team ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ukanimal
Grafter

I'm going to stay with plus.net as they are more reliable, just a bit nark that new users get better offers