daz1107
Grafter

Re: Price Rise Email

Thanks Estragon, that's most helpful.
MartyPop
Rising Star

Quote from: Estragon
There is some question/confusion over whether or not you need to tell Plusnet you are leaving because of the price rise. The Plusnet email (that I haven't seen) apparently says you need to.

The important point here is "leaving because of the price rise."
Once you receive your email from PN, things should be a lot clearer.
g1000
Grafter

The price rise email doesn't contain an Early Termination Charge (ETC).
After you order a migration with a gaining provider, Plusnet send an email which includes a ETC that will apply. If you ring Plusnet before ordering the migration, this email is supposed to say no ETCs, and people have been seeing this when it has been done successfully. If you don't contact Plusnet before switching, or if when you rang up the agent didn't do their job, the email contains ETCs and these will be charged unless you ask Plusnet to manually remove them.
Plusnet are breaching the contractual terms and Ofcom regulations doing it this way, there should be no requirement to contact Plusnet in order to switch penalty-free due to a price rise.
Estragon
Rising Star

@MartyPop
I won't be getting one. But some who have done say that it tells them to contact PN to let them know they are leaving because of the price rise.
My point is Ofcom specifically says that should not be necessary.
(Edit - I see g1000 posted in between your post and this. I hadn't seen it because yours was the last one when I started replying. He is absolutely correct about Ofcom).
g1000
Grafter

rackstraw2006
Grafter

Had a laugh yesterday, my wife got an email from BT regarding their price rise from 20th September. Yet PN has yet to give some customers (including me) the 30 days notice regarding theirs which is due to start on the 2nd September.
falconwood

I changed to Plusnet from Madasafish at their instigation and agreed a 12 month contract from 14th February at a fixed price for 12 months. If I sign a contract at work with a fixed price, unless there is something in that contract that says it can be changed, then that price is fixed until the end of the contract. A very helpful person at Plusnet tried his best to find in the contract where it says they can change the price, but was not able to find it. Only the part which says you can leave without charge if you so wish. He suggests I write into the legal dept so they can look at this.
Alucidnation
Rising Star

I haven't had this price rise email. Does it get sent to my plusnet email account?
Am i still likely to get it, as i read here somewhere from a member of staff that customers should receive it at least 30 days before the rise happens on 02/09?

EDIT: ignore me, just read the second post!