Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price Rise Email

rackstraw2006
Grafter

Price Rise Email

Hi
As a Telephone & Broadband customer I am aware of this pending price rise due to start on the 2nd September but I have yet to receive this information from PN. Can some one from PN confirm what action should I take from the 2nd of August if I do not receive the price rise email.
Thanks
37 REPLIES 37
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Price Rise Email

Hi rackstraw2006,
I'm confident that you will receive and I don't see any reason why you shouldn't. However in the unlikely event that you haven't received the email by 02/08/15 I'd recommend giving our customer options team a call on 0800 013 2632 to discuss it further.
I hope this helps.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Sebtomato
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I don't think it makes any difference on whether you have received such email or not, as the retention team does not know, and Plusnet systems don't know either (they may still try to charge you an early termination fee)
rackstraw2006
Grafter

Well according to PN Terms
[quote="Changing these Terms (notification) (51)"]We will also let you know about a price increase or a change to the Terms and Conditions that we believe is likely to cause you material disadvantage at least one month before it happens. We will let you know about other price changes and changes to the Terms and Conditions via email to the contact email address on the account and by adding a service note to your account
Sebtomato
Rising Star

And so what? I have you read what I wrote? It makes no difference whether you have received the email or not. You know about the price increase, and therefore can call them. They only sent that price increase email by batches, so that it would not overload their retention team, as many people will jump on the opportunity to renegociate their contract or leave.
g1000
Grafter

The terms don't actually say by what method Plusnet will let you know about a change to your material disadvantage. The email and service note apply to other changes.
Some clever person at Plusnet gets paid good money to take BT's terms and butcher them  Wink
You should wait till you get the email if you want to leave due to the price rises. If they don't send it by 2nd Aug, I would ring and ask for it to be sent immediately.
rackstraw2006
Grafter

Sebtomato I did read what you said and all I was doing was showing what PN terms say will be done. Most if not all posts on the forum concerning the price rise say wait until you receive the email so all I wanted to know is what to do if we do not receive it.
Sebtomato
Rising Star

They have no idea who has received the email or not, and their system is still trying to charge termination fees regardless. Therefore, my point is that you can call them anyway
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

We know who has had the email and who hasn't as there will be a service notice on the accounts that have had the email.
The system will try to take the termination fees unless the customer has been in touch to advise that they are leaving due to the price increase.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
gofaster
Rising Star

The system will try to take the termination fees regardless unless the customer has been in touch to advise that they are leaving due to the price increase.

Fixed that for you Harry - see multiple posts about this.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

The process is that the COT agent should remove the contract when a customer advises that they have received the price rise notification and will be leaving because of this.
I understand that a couple of people have received the charges after calling and I can only put this down to agent error  Undecided The feedback has already been passed on internally on the ones that have been brought to our attention, however I believe these errors have only affected a small percentage.
I also note that people have left without notifying us, therefore charges have been incurred before they call to tell us the price rise was the reason for leaving.
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Estragon
Rising Star

There should be no need to contact COT. See this post.
rackstraw2006
Grafter

Quote from: HarryB
We know who has had the email and who hasn't as there will be a service notice on the accounts that have had the email.
The system will try to take the termination fees unless the customer has been in touch to advise that they are leaving due to the price increase.

Can you see if I have been sent it yet. Again just wondering in case I just never got delivered.
g1000
Grafter

Quote from: HarryB

You have no right to do that. Our contractually agreed terms specify that if Plusnet raise prices, we may end our agreement early without a charge so long as we let Plusnet know either by notifying you directly or where switching provider, Plusnet will accept that provider’s order notification as notice (Residential Standard Terms, Paragraph 53 read in conjunction with Paragraph 46).
There is a very good reason the contract incorporates this, it is an Ofcom requirement that even in this circumstance the customer should not have to contact the losing provider, as this serves the consumer interest. Already we have seen several complaints from customers suffering the ill-effects of Plusnet breaching this.
Plusnet and their staff are very quick to quote contractual terms and hold customers to the last letter when it is to their advantage, but have double-standards and suddenly play dumb when the roles are reversed.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@rackstraw2006 - Doesn't appear to be on your account yet, but they are still being sent through and you should certainly receive the email with at least 30 days notice prior to the change taking place.
@Estragon and g1000 - You're both right. After double checking this I have been advised that accounts that have had the email notification come through should prompt manual intervention from our billing team to write off the charges.
I apologise for passing on this incorrect information previously and for any confusion it has caused.
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet