cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price Rise Confusion

BruceMcTavish
Grafter

Price Rise Confusion

Just had the email saying prices go up - but not really the clearest of communications to understand.
I'm on Line Rental Saver till 23 Sept so assume that stays same till expiry when it will increase.
Call Plan will go from £5 per month to £6 per month
No mention of Unlimited Market 1 charge £17.49 a month - assuming that remains the same.
No mention of Offer Code Discount of £7.50 per month - assuming that stays the same.
No mention of Caller Display 99p per month
So, Question 1 - Based on normal payment of £15.98 per month now and assuming I renew Annual LRS what will revised monthly payment be - calculating up to £16.98 per month but email really fails to make it clear.
And Question 2 - at the end of current 12 month contract - 23 Sept - does service revert to a rolling monthly one with the ability to leave at any time without penalty.
Question 3 - if I leave now do I get pro rata refund of LRS paid till Sept.

Plusnet Broadband has worked fine over my first year with them but there are better deals price wise elsewhere. Would be a shame to move again but have to look after the pennies !
Clarification from Plusnet would be appreciated.
6 REPLIES 6
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Price Rise Confusion

Quote from: BruceMcTavish
Question 1 - Based on normal payment of £15.98 per month now and assuming I renew Annual LRS what will revised monthly payment be - calculating up to £16.98 per month but email really fails to make it clear.

If you renew your line rental saver now it will be at the existing rate of £155.88
And Question 2 - at the end of current 12 month contract - 23 Sept - does service revert to a rolling monthly one with the ability to leave at any time without penalty.

Your contracts due to expire on the 23rd of October rathen then September but yes that's correct once the contract expires you'll move onto a rolling monthly contract.
Question 3 - if I leave now do I get pro rata refund of LRS paid till Sept.

Outside of the first 14 days Line Rental Saver is non-refundable
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
MDov
Grafter

Are we all to receive this email regarding price increases? I for one have not received an email regarding price increases
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Anyone who has their line rental with PN will get the email - Customers won't get it if they have broadband only as the rise doesn't affect them.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

The e-mails are being sent out in stages and everybody who has phone with us will receive one at the very latest a month before the prices increase.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
G3WYP
Rising Star

I received the dreaded increase email yesterday, my current contract runs until November so I thought it might be worth making a phone call to PlusNet.
Although I did have to wait for the phone to be answered I can say that it is definitely worth making the call, as I received, what I consider, is a good deal,
similar to the one I am on at the moment and all I have to do now is phone again in August to pay my LRS three months in advance and at the current price.
So my calculations seem to show I will be paying just £1 a month extra after September which I can stand and for that it is not worth changing provider.
Thank you Plusnet
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@G3WYP
Glad to hear you got a good deal Smiley
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team