Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price Match

MakeTeaNotWar
Grafter

Price Match

Hi PN,
Is it a gimmick to attract new customers or does it apply to existing ones too?
Sky will give me standalone broadband, unlimited bandwidth, for £12.50 a month you see... Wink
http://www.plus.net/price-promise/
PS was very impressed with the PN home moving team, it was very quick and painless which is what you need when you're busy shunting boxes around
12 REPLIES 12
lexusuk
Grafter

Re: Price Match

Found a cheaper deal?
If you do find a cheaper price for standalone broadband just give us a call on 0800 073 1120 (quote ref: T6A9PB) and we'll match it. You need to be able to show our sales team where you found the cheaper price and it must be available publicly.

Hi MakeTeaNotWar,
If you can provide the details of the deal you have been offered then our support team will be happy to help.
MakeTeaNotWar
Grafter

Sure I'll create a ticket
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

It's worth noting that the offer has to be available above the line (ie advertised publicly)  and is for standalone broadband.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
MakeTeaNotWar
Grafter

Created two tickets somehow 45660797, 45660814... one of your agents thinks I want to leave, I don't particularly hence my efforts trying to get this sorted,  I'd just like it if you could price match  Undecided
MakeTeaNotWar
Grafter

It is, £12.50 for standalone broadband, no line rental, no call packages attached.
lexusuk
Grafter

Do you have a link to Sky's website showing the offer?  The offer must be publicly available to be included in our price match.
MakeTeaNotWar
Grafter

Its open to any existing Sky TV subscribers, and there are 10 million house holds with Sky TV in the UK, that's pretty public, you may try and use that to wiggle out but it doesn't change the fact a very good number of your market 2 customers may be able to save £60 a year by switching their broadband to Sky. Or save even more by going with their call packages.
lexusuk
Grafter

Thanks for the update.
I'm afraid we only match prices on the Value product.  As you are currently using the Extra product we can't match the price on this occasion.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Unfortunately as Alex mentioned we only price match based on our Value product and for standalone broadband. As you have to be a Sky TV customer to take the offer you've referenced, this isn't standalone.
Having said that, let us see what we can do for you.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
lexusuk
Grafter

One of my colleagues will be in touch shortly regarding your account.  We may have an alternative option for you.
MakeTeaNotWar
Grafter

Quote from: Alex
One of my colleagues will be in touch shortly regarding your account.  We may have an alternative option for you.

Thanks I'm very pleased with this outcome Smiley
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

The SKY offer had conditions that PlusNet couldn't possibly match (must be a SKY subscriber, therefore the offer was not STRICTLY for stand-alone BB) but I sense that our favourite ISP has come up with a pretty reasonable offer.
Would you really want to risk changing to SKY Broadband?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.