Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price Increase email and early termination charges

CBR600
Grafter

Price Increase email and early termination charges

Hi

I received the email about the upcoming price increases and that if i'm not happy then i can leave without paying the early termination charges.

Does this apply to my broadband service or just the phone line ?

Not that it matters as you can't have one without the other.

Thanks

J

21 REPLIES 21
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Price Increase email and early termination charges

It applies to both.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
CBR600
Grafter

So just to confirm....

As long as i do this within 30 days of the email.

I can change to another provider without having to pay any early termination charge for my broad band even though my contract isn't up until march 2017 ?

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Yes that's correct.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
BarneyMcgrew
Dabbler

That's interesting.

I had the exact same query so I phoned the helpline and was told categorically that the £30 cessation fee would still be charged in all cases, no exceptions. All other fees / charges would be waived.

So, who's correct on this?

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

The cessation charge is only done if the line is ceased rather then transferred to another provider.

An increase in price doesn't stop it being applicable.

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
BarneyMcgrew
Dabbler

OK thanks. That makes sense.

However, as I wanted to transfer not cease, I don't see why I was given that information. A misunderstanding / misinterpretation, I guess.

So, definitely no charges or fees of any sort if I decide to transfer within 30 days of the notification e-mail, correct?

What about the 14 day notice period? If I start a transfer, I don't have control over the schedule. What if it completes before the 14 day period has expired?

Perhaps I'm being over cautious but it's easy to get caught out by these little wrinkles.

jb66
Hooked

I got my e-mail on Thursday, I called them up to let them know I dont agree to the new price and I would like them to mark my account as not EDF.  They said I dont have to call them I just put an order in for a new provider.

I ordered Infinity that night to make use of the £100 mastercard and £40 next voucher but tonight they have sent me an email saying I will be charged £227.

Whats the point bragging about UK call centres when they are just as carp as the ones from India?

Will phone tomorrow and see what they say but not in the mood for dealing with incompetance

CBR600
Grafter

I have made copies of the emails and chat session confirming no early termination charge. If they try and pull that [-Censored-] with me I also have the phone call recorded with them stating no early termination within 30 days of the email. Just a joke when you have constantly fight with these companies Sad
jb66
Hooked

15 Minute queue.......

jb66
Hooked

Tried On-line chat, says sorry not available, try between 0730 and 2030 7 days a week.....

jb66
Hooked

Sorted now, 

We�re sorry you�ve decided to leave us because of the changes we�ve made to our home phone pricing and call rates. As agreed, because you�ve told us within 30 days of receiving the email we won�t be applying any early termination charges.  Please contact our Customer Options Team on 0800 432 0200 if you decide to remain with us.  Kind regards,
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @jb66 sorry to hear how this was dealt with on your initial call on Thursday.

I'm glad to see that it has now been dealt with correctly and the contract has been removed. I've also tracked down who you spoke to on Thursday and passed feedback on to a manager so they can be dealt with accordingly.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
BarneyMcgrew
Dabbler

Hello again

I have just come off a phone call with the Plusnet helpdesk.

I told them that I was considering transferring my service to another supplier and invoking the "within 30 day" amnesty for termination charges.

Once again, I was told that the cessation charge WOULD be applicable and is only waived if the transfer is to BT (which in my case it would not be).

The agent was absolutely firm on this point and insisted that the cessation charge always applies unless transferring to BT i.e. no LLU suppliers etc.

So, my question again is, who is correct?

Can somebody give a definitive answer and maybe the name of someone to contact within Plusnet for confirmation?

Thanks.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

The contractual early termination fees would be waived, however the £30 cessation fee would still be applicable dependant on the type of order that comes through to us, if we're charged the cease fee, it would be passed on to the customer.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet