Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price Increase Question

nadeem73
Dabbler

Price Increase Question

Hi
I'm nearling end of contract so i could stay as i am , maybe negotiate a deal on fibre . Now if i pay LSR i'm protected from any line rental incrreases for the year at least. But if i signed upto say superfast unlimited broadband at 19.99 for 18 months Can Plusnet increase the price on that in say just 2 weeks time i.e 2nd of Septemeber - becasue to be thats false advertsing as i'd not even be on the 19.99 for a month Max a few days i even if order today i'm sure enginer won;t call until next week earliest
In which case apart from saving on the line rental the price of boradband is unknown as i can't find what price of boradband will be as off 2nd septemeber.
I need to decide what to do soon so quick response be good
7 REPLIES 7
mlmclaren
Grafter

Re: Price Increase Question

Forgive me if I've misread your last post but I believe what you looking for is the following,
Plusnet can changes the prices of any of its services at any point during your contract but they are obligated to give you at least 30 days notice and allowing you to cancel opr migrate to another service provider if your not happy with the price changes, it's also worth noting that after 30 days of Plusnet not getting any contact from you or another provider to move your line you will automatically be bound to the news charges.
As for LRS (Line Rental Saver) this is only sold in 12 month blocks and as you have highlighted above is not very suitable for someone subscribing to 18/24 month Fibre Broadband services, so If you ordered LRS now then you would get it at the reduced price but only for the next 12 months, after that you would be expected to pay the monthly line rental charge applicable at that time.
My own opinion would be to avoid getting Fibre Broadband with Plusnet as there is many issues that Plusnet have decided not to fill us existing customers in on and they have been ongoing for some time, ex Plusnet customer have started to reporting how much better they are finding there new providers (BT, Sky, AAISP) with browsing speeds being much better and more stable and consistent connections, this is despite their actual connections remaining the same as they where when Plusnet customers.
If your looking for a Fibre Broadband deal then a good place to look might be BT/Sky... they seem to have some decent offers on currently and also only have 12 month contracts... the equipment they supply with the Broadband connections are also much much much better that Plusnet current paper weight, also note that if you line speed estimates are not much above 40mbps then Plusnet will not sell you the Fibre Extra service and you will be restricted to the lower Fibre service which has a small 2 Mbps upload speeds compared to the standard 10Mbps upload that most other providers sell.
I hope you find this information helpful and that it helps you make a decision that you won't regret.  Smiley
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

The standard cost for our broadband isn't increasing on the 2nd of September, it's staying the same.
If the cost was increasing, we would give a minimum of 30 days notice and there would be the option to leave without early termination fees if you didn't agree.
I hope this answers your question  Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
mlmclaren
Grafter

So you can guarantee that the Broadband price won't increase throughout the whole 18 months of contract or at least the next 12 months that nadeem73 is trying to plan ahead for... as we know, customers with LRS left to run have been told to basically absorb the increases or lose out on whatever term of the LRS remains!
nadeem73
Dabbler

They not going to say yes to your question are they. Probably increase it on the 3rd of September
But would be nice to know as my internet is part paid by my comapny who will give me mony 12months in advance which means  if i get increase i'm at the loss as i can't go back ask for more
mlmclaren
Grafter

I doubt it  Lips_are_sealed
Unfortunately not even the best providers can tell you what the future market holds....
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Plusnet have to give 30 days notice of any new price increases which takes us to at least mid-September. Also for monthly charges they usually take effect on next billing date which on average adds a few more days of grace.
Of cause this assumes HM Government don't increase VAT rate. Crazy
David
nadeem73
Dabbler

If vat goes up again i feel a Poll Tax style revolt