cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevented from leaving Plusnet!

kistell

Prevented from leaving Plusnet!

My contract with Plusnet finishes in a few days, so i have contacted both Sky and BT looking into transferring to a new provider.
Both Sky and BT have informed me that their line checks say their is a problem with my line and I have a cancellation on it when i inquired into migrating away from plusnet.
I contacted Plus Net online chat and they told me there is nothing on their.
I called SKY back a second time and they informed me that it looks like their is a cancellation on my line due on September the 16th and they cannot allow me to transfer without installing a second line.
So i contacted BT and they too told me due to an issue with my line, I cannot transfer to them.
So either SKY and BT are wrong or Plusnet have done something to my line preventing me migrating, Can some one look into this or my next port of call will be OFCOM Complaints.
I have not asked plusnet to cancel my line/ broadband at any point and my bill payments have never been missed, so what is going on.
4 REPLIES 4
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Prevented from leaving Plusnet!

Hi there,
I've just checked your account and line and there is absolutely nothing stopping you placing an order with a new provider. There are no orders, ceases or similar in place at the moment so I'm at a loss as to why your new provider is unable to request the line transfers to them.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
kistell

Well having being banded backwards and forwards and my support ticket to you not acted upon.
I phoned Plus net up and they just said they would price match the other offers, I took this, but after thinking about it, I feel as though I have been forced into a corner , so I`m going to use my 14 days to cancel option.
I phoned Sky again this morning, they have now said they will pay to have a new line installed for me free of charge so I can transfer. But that means now I will now probably be hit with a cessation charge from you as I have no other option if I want to move, I will be raising this with CISAS and OFCOM to investigate if this is the case, as I feel I have now no other option if I want to leave, it is not up to the customer to run around trying to figure out the technical issues with transferring to a new provider.
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Kistell, you will also lose your current telephone number ...
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

As Chris has said there's nothing on our end preventing any transfer.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team