cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Premium Rate On Bill Not Known

watts320
Dabbler

Premium Rate On Bill Not Known

There are 2 numbers Im unaware of on my phone bill. I was wondering if I can get it investigated there at like a super premium rate. One costing £10.87 and another costing £21.59. I dont ave the money to pay for that has my bill has now come to £50 nearly. What can PlusNet do to help me?
10 REPLIES 10
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Premium Rate On Bill Not Known

Hi - what would you like us to investigate on these calls? Payment plans can be offered in the event of failed payment.
watts320
Dabbler

It was a loan company, my mistake. I do know what they are after researching. Where can I go to sort a payment plan out?
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

If you fail payment, our Billing team will be in touch and you can make the arrangements with them, I don't think that this can be done in advance but you could always give Customer Services a call and see if they can get the ball rolling.
watts320
Dabbler

If i fail a payment, my internet stops straight away. I cant use it from the day the payment is failed.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It doesn't stop straight away - you're notified of the failed payment and given a time - i think 14 days - to pay, or to start a payment plan.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Is there any penalty charge for failing payment?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
watts320
Dabbler

Quote from: Ben
It doesn't stop straight away - you're notified of the failed payment and given a time - i think 14 days - to pay, or to start a payment plan.

It does. Its happened before, Ive missed a payment and my internet stopped altogether. I rang up and asked why it had all stopped and Plusnet said its cos of my bill not being paid, this was like an hour after my internet had stopped, I did ask why my bill was due and they said today. So I wasnt given 14 days lol.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@w23
No. Our Ts & Cs allow it but we don't currently have anything implemented. However, if you are a telephone customer and received call barring as a result, there is a charge for this.
@watts320
That shouldn't happen. You should be presented with a screen which allows you to click 'acknowledge' and continue browsing. If you were gaming or on VoIP or something as opposed to browsing, you won't have seen the screen and been presented with the link. Please post back if this affects you again.
picbits
Rising Star

Is it possible to ask for your telephone usage to be capped without having to pay the potential £5.76 to get redirected to a PN CSA ?
Something like set a £15 a month limit before having to top up ?
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry, no such functionality exists as the only way we can 'limit' your spend is by applying call barring.