cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possibly changing banks and Direct Debit.

peter10
Grafter

Possibly changing banks and Direct Debit.

I am thinking of changing banks which will entail setting up a new Direct Debit. How many days before my payment date do I need to inform PN to ensure a smooth transition.
4 REPLIES 4
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Possibly changing banks and Direct Debit.

The new bank ought to ask you which direct debits you want to move and then do it all for you. If possible I'd try and keep the old account open until each of the debits have successfuly moved ( and been paid ) from the new account.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

James
Grafter

@Salmo
You're best off doing this just after we have drawn your monthly payment to give the process as much time as possible.
peter10
Grafter

Thanks MisterW
Thought about keeping both current accounts open until all direct debits moved over. Seems a good idea.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

It's a very good idea, and with online banking it's easy to check which debit has been paid from where, whilst the accounts are changing over. I moved a few years ago, the new bank should request a list of dd's from you old bank, send it to you and ask you to confim which ones you want to transfer. They set set them up directly with the suppliers.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.