cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to get two separate phone lines on the same plan/bill?

LukasD
Dabbler

Possible to get two separate phone lines on the same plan/bill?

I currently live with my parents in a 'double house' - it's two separate houses, knocked through to make one big house.  For tax, energy and billing purposes we are considered a single property.  I live in one side of the house, and my parents have the other side.

As it stands we have two separate phone lines, each with their own services (I recently joined Plusnet, they are with TalkTalk, but are thinking of joining Plusnet too).  So we currently are paying for two lots of line rental, and two separate broadband/phone services.

What I wanted to know is, should they join Plusnet, if there's any sort of dispensation or discount we could get to essentially have both lines under a single line rental charge?  Or even to sort of 'merge' their line into my service?

4 REPLIES 4
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Re: Possible to get two separate phone lines on the same plan/bill?

You want to have two lines, with double the bandwidth of one line, but only pay for one line. Somehow I don't think this is a realistic expectation.

If you want to pay for only one line, cease one of the lines, and all share the remaining line.

Keeping both lines, probably the only small discount you could get is from making a referral for your parents to switch to Plusnet.

wisty
Pro
Fixes: 8

You could presumably use VOIP for one of the numbers and have broadband and phone calls on the other.

You would need to port one of the numbers to a VOIP operator, then cancel that line and use VOIP for that phone.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

I can only echo the sentiments of the guys above. Apologies for this.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
harrym1byt
Rising Star

Could you perhaps get away with (from your point of view) - one line in, share the broadband via a LAN and/or WiFi and buy a set of phones which allowed different ring tones for different incoming callers in your phonebook? The BT8500 set of phones will do this and filter nuisance callers.