cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to Suspend Account?

mwerle
Grafter

Possible to Suspend Account?

This certainly used to be a feature at PlusNet!  However, having just spoken to customer support (ie, online chat), apparently it's impossible with the current billing system but may once again be possible when the new billing system gets deployed "Soon(tm)".

Unfortunately I'm leaving on a work secondment at the end of January so I doubt that "Soon(tm)" will be soon enough.

Long-time PlusNet customer here (since 2002) so would really like to keep my account, but also not prepared to pay >£40pcm just to keep it idling along while I'm overseas. Also rather unlikely to return to PlusNet despite being on the whole very satisfied as the lack of native IPv6 is really getting beyond a joke (was part of the trials what, 6 years or so ago now?) so if I lose my current account benefits I'm unlikely to return.

So.. after all that - is there anyone I can talk to to try to get something sorted?

Thanks,

- Micha.

3 REPLIES 3
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Re: Possible to Suspend Account?

Hello mwerle

I would recommend contacting our Customer Options Team directly as they will be able to discuss your options.

Telephone number:
0800 013 2632 or 0330 123 9197 (Both free from a Plusnet Landline)

Opening Times:
08:00 - 20:00 Monday to Friday
09:00 - 19:00 Saturday
09:00 - 18:00 Sundays

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
mwerle
Grafter

Thanks SammyM.

Well, finally managed to find some time to give them a call (middle of packing/moving stress) and must say that PlusNet doesn't really support their long-term customers very well. The assistant was very friendly and helpful, but ultimately limited by company policy and options.

So my options are to cancel my current subscription (which these days incurs a fee of £30!), or to move it to my girlfriends house for a package which will be more expensive than a new customer would be able to get!  Thirdly he offered that if I was to get a new package for my gf, he'd look into waiving the £30 disconnection fee of my existing account.

Quite frankly, this means I'll most likely just cancel, and when I get back, look for another provider. 16 years as a customer seems to mean little to PlusNet. On the upside, I guess I'll finally be able to get a provider which supports native IPv6...

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

If your broadband service is needing to be ceased (Due to you moving out) then the cessation fee of £30 covers the cost we incur from our suppliers of removing broadband from the line.

We can't keep an account open with no active services for a prolonged period of time.

With that said, we can put this through like a house move and keep your account open for a maximum of 3 months, refunding all payments in the interim. But if it's any longer we'll need to close it I'm afraid.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet