Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible error with billing increase?

Polaris1
Dabbler

Possible error with billing increase?

Hi,

I am hoping someone can give me a quick answer or way to check this, I upgraded to PlusNet fibre broadband a couple of months ago and switched my home phone service shortly afterwards.  To cut a long story short, my most recent bill was the first one that didn't included refunds or charges for part months and there was an error on the bill (I was charged more than had been indicated for the combined contract when I signed up).  This has been confirmed by Customer Services as a 'system error' and a refund has been credited to my account, so all good there.

Today I received the automated price increase email (which I was expecting) but the price increase appear to have been based on my previous (incorrect) billing - will this be automatically corrected going forward or do I need to contact Customer Services again?  I can't seem to find any way to register a query on-line.

Many thanks for any help.

3 REPLIES 3
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Possible error with billing increase?

Hi @Polaris1,

Apologies for any concern or confusion this may have caused. I've had a look into the account this morning and I believe I've discovered the issue. I've raised a support ticket concerning this, which can be viewed here. If you have any further queries regarding this then please don't hesitate to get back in touch and I'll be happy to assist.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Polaris1
Dabbler

Many thanks for your help - it's slightly concerning that you are unable to fully update my account to rectify the issue - having to remember to keep checking everything has been billed correctly for the next 18-21 months isn't ideal!

Fingers crossed it will work OK.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

I can certainly understand your concern. To reassure you, I've put the ticket in question into my own "ticket pool", which will essentially remind me of it's existence as long as it remains open in there. The plan is to keep it on hold until your billing date each month so it doesn't time out and I can continue to monitor the account in the background. I appreciate this isn't ideal and thank you for your patience and understanding in this case. Should you have any further queries or any issues with the account, please don't hesitate to drop us a message on this thread or open a new one and we'll be happy to assist wherever possible. Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team