Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pondering whether to renew Line Rental Saver

JohnB47
Hooked

Pondering whether to renew Line Rental Saver

Hi all.

My Advance Line rental ends soon but my broadband contract continues for another 6 months. If I renew the line rental saver, I would lose 6 months worth if I don't get a good broadband renewal from Plusnet and move to another provider. Then again, if I don't renew the line rental saver and do get a good deal with Plusnet for broadband, then I've lost £15 (I'd pay 6 months full rental at £18.99 instead of the line saver £16.49 per month).

So my question is, how good is Plusnet at offering really good renewal deals, to retain their customers? I was previously with BT (for ever!) and when I called them quoting a Plusnets offer for new customers, all they offered was a £6 discount. So I walked and decided then that I'd shop around ever time I renewed. However, I've been caught out by the differing rental/broadband contract lengths.

Perhaps £15 is worth giving up now, rather than losing £98.96 (6 months X £16.49) in case Plusnet don't offer a good retaining deal and I move as a 'new customer' elsewhere - back to BT maybe?

Actually, I think I've made up my own mind, now that I've written this but what would you do? Has anyone any experience of Plusnets renewal offers?

Opinions gratefully received.

4 REPLIES 4
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Pondering whether to renew Line Rental Saver

Try ringing Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 selecting option 1 then option 2 (If you are thinking of leaving). They may offer a good if you recontract.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

LifeonMars
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

In same predicament, Line rental due but 6months still to go on contract due to renewing for 18months last time.

I have not had a problem with renewing going through customer retentions  and been with plusnet since 2005, but I do wonder if my luck will continue as we all know companies are not always willing to offer old customers the best offer.

I personally am going to leave renewing my advanced Line rental  until I speak with customer retentions in about 4 months. You apparently save about £30 a year with current rates, so It will cost me about £15 to wait which is a lot less then losing the 8months paid in advance line rental should plusnet not offer a good deal.

G3WYP
Rising Star

My LRS was due for renewal but phone etc had 6 months to run as previous year I was offered an excellent deal for 18 month contract.

When I phoned up late last year I mentioned that the renewals were out of sync and the call centre operator said if I signed up for another year he would cancel the next 6 months and all would run for a year. Even though the deal was not quite as good as the previous one it was good enough.

So my advice is ring and ask you might be lucky like I was.

Derek

JohnB47
Hooked

Thanks everyone.

Yes 'LifeOnMars' you are in exactly my position. I think I'll do the same as you - don't renew the rental saver and see what's offered come broadband renewal time. The worst I lose is £15.