Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pointless Line Rental Saver

FIXED
nursemorph273
Grafter

Pointless Line Rental Saver

Have just started the second year of LRS and I am wondering why i am even bothering anymore. The first year was fine and my monthly bills were as they should be, however, upon renewing my LRS in November (for a December 12th start), it has been farcical. In December I was billed for Monthly line rental and so had to go through live chat to explain how I was paying twice and to arrange a refund (which was processed very quickly) and was told it was because the new bills introduction had coincided with my LRS start date.

I accepted that as reasonable but now  my January bill is showing line rental deductions as well. I could go through live chat again but it seems to me that I will end up doing this every month for the next year and that really is not acceptable. How do I ensure this doesn't happen again next month or the month after? I do not particularly want to spend 30 minutes or more trying to get through to someone on the phone (as is usually the case) so should I just ask for my LSR to be cancelled or is their someone in PN who can fix my account (like the live chat operator should have done) and refund my money again?

Thanks for any assistance

8 REPLIES 8
kjpetrie
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Pointless Line Rental Saver

PN seems to have problems at the moment in talking to itself. I've had a similar experience with a different product, which resulted in me getting my current product at a substantial discount by way of apology and simplest way out.

I took the title of your thread more philosophically. LRS appears cheaper until you factor in the cost of adding call plans which are included in the monthly payment, when it becomes dearer, so I do wonder what it is supposed to be saving. Mine comes up for renewal soon and I'm thinking about it carefully.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

LRS appears cheaper until you factor in the cost of adding call plans which are included in the monthly payment,

The monthly payment for line rental doesn't normally include any call plan.

There were some legacy line rental plans which may have E & W/E calls included but AFAIK taking LRS on one of those plans still includes the call plan.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

nursemorph273
Grafter

@kjpetrie wrote:LRS appears cheaper until you factor in the cost of adding call plans which are included in the monthly payment, when it becomes dearer, so I do wonder what it is supposed to be saving. Mine comes up for renewal soon and I'm thinking about it carefully.

Line Rental Saver definitely saves you money...I have no call plans on my account as I don't use the phone much and it's mainly for internet use so the LRS saves £2 a month or something like that (think it works out at £20 a year or similar)...definitely worth it when not getting double charged for it!!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix

Sorry to hear you've been charged line rental when you've paid line rental saver.

I think I've sorted this for you now by refunding the line rental showing in your latest invoice and re-applying your line rental saver contract, so you shouldn't be double charged moving forward.

Let us know how it goes next month or if you do have any further issues.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
nursemorph273
Grafter

Thank you very much for the prompt response and sorting out the issue and fingers crossed it is now resolved permanently. One question: Have you refunded the line rental back to my bank account or as a credit on my account...just to know where I should keep an eye to make sure it gets through successfully.

Thanks once again

David

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

No problem David.

It'll be refunded back to your bank account within 10 working days.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
nursemorph273
Grafter

Thanky Gandalf, the money was refunded the same day my monthly bill payment was taken so it worked out well. However, I have another issue related to that issue.

Up till now, I have not received a bill for March nor have I had a payment taken from my account, however, upon checking my acccount and the February bill, it shows that, due to the issue with the line rental and your having to manually sort it out, I somehow ended up £6.25 in credit. I am complaining about it but I don't want it to cause problems at any point and there are so many charges and credits on my February bill that it is a little confusing.

Could you or someone please have a look at my account and make sure that everything is as it should be please? I appreciate the help. David

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @nursemorph273

I have responded to your query via a ticket. You can view my response by Clicking Here

Should you require any further assistance, please do get back in touch with us.

Many thanks.